Football Programmes Centre

Port Vale v Plymouth 50/1 - 1 programme or two?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Port Vale v Plymouth 50/1 - 1 programme or two?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenrunner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:36 pm 
Post subject: Port Vale v Plymouth 50/1 - 1 programme or two?

Hi - hoping a Port Vale collector may be able to help me with this, On 30th December 1950 Port Vale's home fixture against Plymouth Argyle was abandonned. I have a copy of the match programme. The match was re-played on 5th March 1951 and I have never seen a programme for this match. A number of enquiries have failed to discover whether a programme was issued. Can anyone out there assist?
Thanks in anticipation
Mike
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:51 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry I can't help with this specifically but I can give you a similar picture for the Port Vale v C Palace 1950/1 game, which was firstly postponed, then abandoned and finally played - dates as follows:-

Good Friday 23rd March - postponed - programme issued

Monday 9th April - abandoned - above programme used

Thursday 26th April - played in full - no programme issued, as far as I know, so above progamme re-used again (presumably).

I don't know any Vale supporters so wish you luck in your research. If you do find one, please point him in my direction as he may be able to help with my questions above.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
nutfield priory

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:51 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
Sorry I can't help with this specifically but I can give you a similar picture for the Port Vale v C Palace 1950/1 game, which was firstly postponed, then abandoned and finally played - dates as follows:-

Thursday 26th April - played in full - no programme issued, as far as I know, so above progamme re-used again (presumably).

I don't know any Vale supporters so wish you luck in your research. If you do find one, please point him in my direction as he may be able to help with my questions above.

Pete

Can confirm the following re the Port Vale v Crystal Palace programme

23 March Postponed, programme issued

9 April Abandoned, programme used from postponed game along with
a single sheet inserted into the programme

26 April Small single sheet issued for the game

If you have got any other CP programme queries, just let me know
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:24 am 
Post subject:

nutfield priory wrote:
Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:

Pete

Can confirm the following re the Port Vale v Crystal Palace programme

23 March Postponed, programme issued

9 April Abandoned, programme used from postponed game along with
a single sheet inserted into the programme

26 April Small single sheet issued for the game

If you have got any other CP programme queries, just let me know

Cheers!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: