Football Programmes Centre

Royal Mail price increases from 1st January 2021
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Royal Mail price increases from 1st January 2021
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
se20blue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:41 pm 
Post subject: Royal Mail price increases from 1st January 2021

use to price increases once a year in March but this is getting silly.

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/royalmail.com/files/2020-11/royal-mail-our-prices-1-january-2021.pdf
sellsell39

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:59 pm 
Post subject:

Its for my gold plated pension seblue. Nod

Last edited by sellsell39 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
se20blue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:24 pm 
Post subject:

Is that the same Royal Mail Pension Plan that has an £8.4bn deficit ?
Not sure where you got the Sky Blue I have the same affliction as you.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:56 pm 
Post subject: Re: Royal Mail price increases from 1st January 2021

se20blue wrote:
use to price increases once a year in March but this is getting silly.

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/royalmail.com/files/2020-11/royal-mail-our-prices-1-january-2021.pdf

10% or more up only 8 months after another hefty increase.

I posted a birthday card to my daughter in law who lives 2.5 miles away (central Croydon) last Wednesday 25th, her birthday was Saturday 28th. As I posted it, I thought I could walk round and stick it in her letter box. But being lazy I posted it. And it duly arrived this morning, 1st Dec. She tells me they get one delivery a week now. That's central Croydon, less than a mile from East Croydon station where the sorting office used to be.

And from 1 Jan they will charge 10% more to deliver once a week to a town centre address. Impressive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
martino

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:59 am 
Post subject:

The Royal Mail benefits from a lack of competition for the delivery of nationwide mail.

Out in the Cheshire countryside our deliveries are very haphazard.

Sometimes no-one in the road gets a delivery for a couple of days (vehicle problems or staff shortages due to COVID we are told). When they do come we get a pile of post and it is usually delivered mid to late PM. They turned up at 1700 the last couple of days.

Why have a first and second class service, apart from charging a premium price for the so called "first class" service?
sellsell39

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:32 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry seblue, my tablet must have automatically changed what I had typed to skyblue.
Many apologies my friend.
sellsell39

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:36 pm 
Post subject:

As I understand it the post has been delayed in some areas of the country, this is due to staff shortages and self isolating and banned van sharing etc.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:20 am 
Post subject:

Message received today from Programme Monthly

Dear Subscriber

I am writing to let those of you who have yet to receive PM476 that it was despatched over a week ago (collected by the Royal Mail as usual) but unfortunately I know from your emails, texts and phone calls that many of you have yet to receive your copy. I've contacted the Royal Mail who list a whole number of "reasons" - covid, staff sickness, exceptional demand and (unofficially) temporary new staff who don't know what they are doing. They state they have "considerable backlogs at many of our distribution centres". Hopefully your copy will arrive in the near future, in the meantime if you would like an electronic copy just email me back and I will send it over to you.

Meanwhile in yesterday's post I received notification from Royal Mail that they are increasing their prices on 1 January. You couldn't make it up!.

Regards.

Paul
sellsell39

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:10 pm 
Post subject:

I am doing pretty much everything that I can to help, my day started at 5:30am and finished at 4:50pm.

Just out of interest, has anyone put their name down to help out with the Christmas/ Coronavirus rush in your local area ?
giorgio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:46 am 
Post subject:

That'll be the third increase in 10 months. The last one really messed me up. Didn't know about it - put the stamps on my package in the evening - prices changed at midnight - went to the Post Office to get Proof of Postage and they gave me another price. I knew I didn't make a mistake so took the package home and double checked to find they were right. So I put the extra stamps on but had a right mare trying to find out what happened because I DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES WITH MY POSTAGE. Ever!! They didn't even know at the Post Office that the prices went up. Customer Support wasn't entirely sure either.

Anyway, not happy about another increase, especially if there's going to be another one in March - but the thing is I am grateful for the Royal Mail service. I think it is good value for money although I have a particularly good service in my area.
silkman1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:56 am 
Post subject:

17/- for a first class letter. They used to deliver twice a day. Crying or Very sad
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:42 pm 
Post subject:

colchestersid wrote:
Message received today from Programme Monthly

Dear Subscriber

I am writing to let those of you who have yet to receive PM476 that it was despatched over a week ago (collected by the Royal Mail as usual) but unfortunately I know from your emails, texts and phone calls that many of you have yet to receive your copy. I've contacted the Royal Mail who list a whole number of "reasons" - covid, staff sickness, exceptional demand and (unofficially) temporary new staff who don't know what they are doing. They state they have "considerable backlogs at many of our distribution centres". Hopefully your copy will arrive in the near future, in the meantime if you would like an electronic copy just email me back and I will send it over to you.

Meanwhile in yesterday's post I received notification from Royal Mail that they are increasing their prices on 1 January. You couldn't make it up!.

Regards.

Paul

I have a Hearts subscription this season and it took 10 days for one of the issues to arrive from Curtis Sport. I note they have tweeted today about extensive delays in programmes being received.

I am also waiting on a package from Serbia, posted 10 days ago Registered, not logged yet as being received in the UK.

Then they put the price up........
kempo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:52 pm 

I have subscription for Everton programmes i,m still awaiting the Leeds programme from last Saturday
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:59 pm 
Post subject:

Personally think RM is good value.
cardiff55

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:03 pm 
Post subject:

A friend of mine , a fellow Cardiff City collector too, is a postman. he has stopped selling programmes at the moment as he says he doesn't trust the postal service at the moment!
kempo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:33 pm 

Game was played November 28th Everton v Leeds and i,m still waiting ,no reply from Reach sports !
goodison

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:14 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:
Game was played November 28th Everton v Leeds and i,m still waiting ,no reply from Reach sports !

I got my copy from Reach Sports on the day of the game, so they certainly sent some copies out.
Pacey Winger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:46 pm 
Post subject:

Have to say, we arent too bad in terms of Royal Mail service. We dont get delivery everyday but certainly most days.

Only once did i have an issue when an empty torn envelope arrived but no sign of the two programmes that i had ordered. In fairness the packaging was poor considering the contents so RM not totally to blame
JimUK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:19 pm 
Post subject:

We have to pay more yet near me they barely deliver once a week at the moment claiming Covid
Kvaratschelia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:52 am 
Post subject:

It is worth stocking up on stamps now before the price rise.

First class now 76p, will cost you 85p next week.

Large Letter stamps, first class going from £1.15 to £1.29, second class going from 88p to 96p.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: