Football Programmes Centre

John Holroyd - Thank you all for your generosity
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
John Holroyd - Thank you all for your generosity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaun Holroyd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:41 am 
Post subject: John Holroyd - Thank you all for your generosity

I am John's youngest son, Shaun.

I just wanted to say a massive thank you for your generosity and actions here. It has been a tough time for the family losing dad like we did, but seeing things like what was posted on your forum, and the outpouring of kind words and memories about him from people all around the world has helped.

Dad was a massive Auchinleck Talbot fan, having been involved so much with the club and doing so much to raise money for them over the years, so having a trophy started in his memory and going up on the subscriber board is great.

Hopefully we will be able to go along and see a game there again at some point soon in the future.

We have started a memorial website for him which you can see here which I hope to add more to soon.

Thank you again.

Shaun Holroyd
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:26 am 
Post subject:

Hi Shaun

We were all shocked and upset when your father passed away, as he was very much one of us, and as a group we decided to do something to honour his memory. In all 41 of us chipped into a fund to cover the expenses on the items you mentioned. It was the least we could do.

One day I very much hope to take a trip to Auchinleck to watch the mighty Talbot in action and I hope perhaps some of the other members would like to join me. Goodness knows when that will happen, given the circumstances we all find ourselves in.

I enjoyed looking at your website in your Dad's name and in particular reliving his adventures on Countdown.

We are all so sorry for your loss and hope as a group we have done our bit to help visitors to Auchinleck, and future players, to know who your father was, and who was such a fine example to us all.

Eeka Peeka Pukka Po!!!
Kind rgds
Pete
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Fishy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:48 am 
Post subject:

Hi Shaun,

I totally agree with what Pete said above and can add no more really.

What a lovely photo at the top of your website - he will be missed greatly.

Ian
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
silkman1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:44 am 
Post subject:

Hello Shaun,

I was privileged to have met your dad three times - all here in Cheshire. We enjoyed good conversation, food and the footie together.

Always with a pint or two of 'proper beer'.

I shall miss him not only for his personality but as a friend.

Arthur
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: