Football Programmes Centre

Headington/Oxford programmes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Headington/Oxford programmes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:39 pm 
Post subject:

AshleySkinner90 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks for he reply, I have contacted Sporting Gold so will wait to see what they say and weigh up my options between them and eBay as it seems quite difficult to get ideas on individual programmes.

Ashley - PM sent
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:32 am 
Post subject:

Just my personal experience but some time ago I bought a small lot at Auction and included was a Headington programme from the early 40's.

It went on eBay and the bidding drove it up to a spectacular level ( just under four figures) and when I shipped I mailed the buyer asking why. It transpired it was an unknown friendly and that in effect there a re two serious Headington collectors who then competed for it....

Later when chatting with the much missed Chris Williams he confirmed that in effect the need for the programme by these two would control the pricing of any Headington items at the top end of the market.

I seem to recall the chap I sold to was called Julian.....but beyond that and trawling back through PayPal from about four years ago I have nothing that could direct you to him.

The collection looks great. The Plymouth friendly goes for around £30-40 as most serious Argyle collectors have it already and I can also confirm that Sportingold are a great company to deal with as a seller ( and to be fair as a buyer also).

Good luck with it and I hope we get a summary of the outcome in a. few months time.
AshleySkinner90

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:24 pm 
Post subject:

Hi everyone

Quick thanks for your comments and messages trying to help me. Decided I'm going down the auction route and visiting Sporting Gold tomorrow.
Apologies to anyone who was after any or the lot but I simply have no idea what to charge and obviously don't want to do myself and my siblings out of some money. They will be in the mid January auction i believe so keep an eye out if you did want any.

On a separate note, I do have a collecting hobby and most people in that area aren't nearly as helpful as some of you have been, most trying their best to con someone with little knowledge so again I thank you and good luck with all your collections.

Fingers crossed people can get back to the grounds soon and continue to add to their collections.

Best wishes

Ashley
martino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:50 pm 
Post subject:

AshleySkinner90 wrote:
Hi everyone

Quick thanks for your comments and messages trying to help me. Decided I'm going down the auction route and visiting Sporting Gold tomorrow.
Apologies to anyone who was after any or the lot but I simply have no idea what to charge and obviously don't want to do myself and my siblings out of some money. They will be in the mid January auction i believe so keep an eye out if you did want any.

On a separate note, I do have a collecting hobby and most people in that area aren't nearly as helpful as some of you have been, most trying their best to con someone with little knowledge so again I thank you and good luck with all your collections.

Fingers crossed people can get back to the grounds soon and continue to add to their collections.

Best wishes

Ashley

Ashley - Correct decision. I am not a Headington collector but I will look out for the lots in the January auction with interest. I am sure they will do well.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:51 pm 
Post subject:

Ashley - please check your PM messages.

Pete
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
tranmereandy1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:55 pm 
Post subject:

A wonderful collection
AshleySkinner90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:29 pm 
Post subject:

Hi all, Happy New Year.

For anyone that was interested in the Headington/Oxford programmes they will be in Sporting Gold's auction next week, first lot is 65 and I believe finishes at 90 (could be wrong). Thanks again for those that helped and advised.

Best Wishes

Ashley
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:00 pm 
Post subject:

If my maths are correct hammer price of £2180.00
slugger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:32 pm 
Post subject: Headington programmes

Yes-a good return for the seller and good luck to him.

I managed 3 of the lots at a cost of over £200.

Cheers

John
AshleySkinner90

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:07 pm 
Post subject:

Thank you to anyone who Biddestone, hope you are pleased with your purchase. That's all the ones I had unfortunately but good luck with your collections.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: