Football Programmes Centre

E Bay changes - Managed Payments
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
E Bay changes - Managed Payments
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
martino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:26 pm 
Post subject: E Bay changes - Managed Payments

I received a message from E Bay today regarding the introduction of Managed Payments.

With managed payments, eBay manages the end-to-end payments process. Your buyers can now pay with more convenient payment methods, and you'll receive the money in your bank account.

I have not yet done any calculations to see if you end up paying more or less on the new system but I suspect the total fees paid to E Bay will be similar to the old system where E Bay took a Final Value Fee and Pay Pal also took their fee.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fees-private-sellers?id=4822
SteveReed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:48 pm 
Post subject:

I have been on managed payments for a couple of weeks.
It is extraordinarily expensive for low value items (for example a deduction of 75p on an order totalling £2.99) whereas things are more akin to the old system from £10 upwards.
se20blue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:38 pm 
Post subject:

SteveReed wrote:
I have been on managed payments for a couple of weeks.
It is extraordinarily expensive for low value items (for example a deduction of 75p on an order totalling £2.99) whereas things are more akin to the old system from £10 upwards.

Have you checked how much it was costing prior to managed payments ?

before Ebay 10% PayPal 2.9% +30p
managed payments Ebay 12.8% +30p

If my maths is correct the charges on £3 were 69p NOW 68p.
martino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:15 pm 
Post subject:

I see the fee for the Buy it Now option I now 50p.

OUCH!

Shocked
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:52 pm 
Post subject:

martino wrote:

OUCH!

Shocked

do you still get your free listings though?
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:15 am 
Post subject:

I will be moving onto managed payments soon as a business seller it will not make much difference overall to the fees I pay, but I understand the money you receive goes into your bank account the next working day. All my shop subscription benefits remain the same and the charges for extra listings over my free allocations remain the same. You just pay all the fees to ebay , not both ebay and paypal.
Five and In

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:05 pm 
Post subject: E Bay changes - Managed Payments

RIKERBCFC wrote:
but I understand the money you receive goes into your bank account the next working day. All my shop subscription benefits remain the same.

I'm in a similar position and am going on to the new system in January.

I had a long chat with Ebay a few weeks ago to prepare myself for it and as I understand it, there will be an option to have money received paid into your bank account the following day or weekly. Whichever you prefer, but you will need to indicate which.

I was also told that my shop substrictions will remain unaffected.

As far as I can see it's just Ebay squeezing Paypal out of the picture and little else.
martino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:29 pm 
Post subject:

Paul Johnson wrote:
martino wrote:

OUCH!

Shocked

do you still get your free listings though?

Private sellers can list for free on eBay. After you've used your monthly allocation of 1,000 free listings (or more if you have an eBay Shop), you'll be charged 35p for each new listing created.

I would imagine that a lot of Pay Pal accounts will not now be used so to catch some users out they have introduced an annual "inactivity fee" as follows:

The User Agreement update that will go in effect on 16 December 2020 includes an annual inactivity fee. Only PayPal accounts with no activity in the previous 12 months will be charged an inactivity service fee. The fee will be £9, or the remaining balance on the account if less than £9. Accounts with zero balance won’t be impacted and this charge won’t result in any negative balance.
PhilWBA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:33 pm 
Post subject:

As a business seller i've been using the managed payments since August, does work out cheaper than Paypal, only downside is the payouts to your bank are Monday - Friday and don't include Bank Holidays whereas with Paypal funds were available straight away other than that not an issue at all.

The payouts start basically after 2 days not the following day so you are always 2 days behind if that makes sense.
roughyedz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:04 pm 
Post subject: Re: E Bay changes - Managed Payments

Five and In wrote:
RIKERBCFC wrote:
but I understand the money you receive goes into your bank account the next working day. All my shop subscription benefits remain the same.

I had a long chat with Ebay a few weeks ago to prepare myself for it and as I understand it, there will be an option to have money received paid into your bank account the following day or weekly. Whichever you prefer, but you will need to indicate which.

As far as I can see it's just Ebay squeezing Paypal out of the picture and little else.

Im just a seller and buyer of programmes really , and ive noticed that for last 2 weeks when you buy something whereas before the money was taken out of your paypal account now its taken out of your bank account5 automatically EVERY TIME regardless of how much you have in your Paypal Account. You CAN opt to have it taken out of your Paypal Account but it is by selection EVERY TIME, if you dont, then its from THE BANK
martino

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:20 pm 

roughyedz wrote:
Five and In wrote:
RIKERBCFC wrote:

Im just a seller and buyer of programmes really , and ive noticed that for last 2 weeks when you buy something whereas before the money was taken out of your paypal account now its taken out of your bank account5 automatically EVERY TIME regardless of how much you have in your Paypal Account. You CAN opt to have it taken out of your Paypal Account but it is by selection EVERY TIME, if you dont, then its from THE BANK

Wow that is a big ask to do it every time. Even if E Bay and Pay Pal are separating there should be a default which you can select for one or the other. Thanks for the advice. I will keep a careful watch on my purchases for the time being.
se20blue

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:36 pm 
Post subject:

PayPal was sold by Ebay 5 years ago.
As monthly fees are taken from our PayPal accounts and sales paid into bank accounts eventually our PayPal accounts will be empty.
Five and In

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:36 pm 

roughyedz wrote:
Five and In wrote:
RIKERBCFC wrote:

That's not the case for me.
Automatically comes from my Paypal every time as per my settings.
May be worth you checking to see if they have defaulted to your Bank account for some reason.

Last edited by Five and In on Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
roughyedz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:59 pm 

Five and In wrote:
roughyedz wrote:
Five and In wrote:
RIKERBCFC wrote:

That's not the case for me.
Automatically comes from my Paypal every time as per my settings.
May be worth you checking to see if they have defaulted to your Bank account for some reason.

well looked at my E Bay Settings and cant see anything to change ????????
Five and In

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:28 am 

roughyedz wrote:

well looked at my E Bay Settings and cant see anything to change ????????

I can't find the option either, but I know it's there somewhere.
I have to speak to Ebay today about something else so I'll ask about it.
martino

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:32 pm 
Post subject:

Managed Payments is becoming a nightmare scenario.

I have just checked my E Bay "Account" then "Payment Options" and I find out that I am now being charged a 35p listing fee for each Buy it Now rollover.

I am a Private Seller and I have never had this before. EBay says I get 1,000 free listing per month but obviously no longer for rollovers.

I think my love affair with E Bay is rapidly coming to an end.
se20blue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:22 pm 
Post subject:

martino wrote:

I have just checked my E Bay "Account" then "Payment Options" and I find out that I am now being charged a 35p listing fee for each Buy it Now rollover.

I am a Private Seller and I have never had this before. EBay says I get 1,000 free listing per month but obviously no longer for rollovers.

found the following on managed payments on ebay

Listing fees
Private sellers can list for free on eBay. After you've used your monthly allocation of 1,000 free listings (or more if you have an eBay Shop), you'll be charged 35p for each new listing created.

Learn more about how free listings work, including the terms and exclusions for those listings.
AND

Eligibility for free listings
The following will count toward your monthly allocation of free listings:

Manually relisted items
Automatically relisted items if you're a business seller
Good 'Til Cancelled listings (at the time of first listing). If you're a private seller, renewed Good til Cancelled listings will not be deducted from your allocation of free listings the following month
Listings that you end early, or we end early
Duplicate identical auction-style listings (even if one or more of those listings doesn't appear on eBay immediately)

If I have read all this correctly you should not be paying for each Buy it Now rollover
martino

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:32 pm 
Post subject:

se20blue wrote:
martino wrote:

found the following on managed payments on ebay

Listing fees

Learn more about how free listings work, including the terms and exclusions for those listings.
AND

Eligibility for free listings
The following will count toward your monthly allocation of free listings:

Manually relisted items
Automatically relisted items if you're a business seller
Good 'Til Cancelled listings (at the time of first listing). If you're a private seller, renewed Good til Cancelled listings will not be deducted from your allocation of free listings the following month
Listings that you end early, or we end early
Duplicate identical auction-style listings (even if one or more of those listings doesn't appear on eBay immediately)

If I have read all this correctly you should not be paying for each Buy it Now rollover

Yes I saw that but I have only listed a couple of items this month so nowhere near the 1,000 limit.
se20blue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:40 pm 
Post subject:

Hopefully it is an Ebay glitch, you will have to speak to them to get it sorted.
Leigh Treymaine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:10 pm 
Post subject: Ebay changes

Regarding Paypal payments, check the option when paying to
"pay from paypal account" OR "pay by card"[allied to paypal} and tick what you want.
I got caught when a payment was taken from my card because for some reason the option had changed from paypal to card.
Hope this helps.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> eBay All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: