Football Programmes Centre

Gordon Bennett
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Gordon Bennett
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:37 pm 
Post subject: Gordon Bennett

Hi, I had a telephone call from someone tonight if I had seen or heard anything of Gordon recently, because they hadn't. It might all be to do with the fact that lot of the Fairs Gordon was involved in have been cancelled that he hasn't posted since very early March, but does anyone have information as to his well being please?

thanks, John
morgan1927

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:41 pm 
Post subject: gordon bennet

at the Bristol programme fair recently they said he was ill and would not be doing any fairs for a while
bazzad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:04 pm 
Post subject:

Hi all,
I'm pleased to say that I had a text from Gordon today. It's fairly common knowledge that he has had to cancel a few fairs because he's not so well at the moment but he anticipates joing us all in a couple of month's time. It will be great to see him as he's a lovely fella.
It ould have been great for me to announce the resumption of Programme Fairs in West London (Emperors Gate) and the North London Fair (opposite Highbury) but, like the rest of the Country, we've got to wait a while until Boris gives us the all clear.
Wanted to share the news as this football memorabilia circle is full of people who care.... about football and each other and even with our love of football the LATTER is the most important.
Stay Safe all
[email protected]
Posh1959

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:18 am 
Post subject:

Great news thanks for letting us know. Hope he gets better soon.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:26 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for that, very much appreciated. I can pass the very good news on now....You'll make someone very happy.
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:55 am 
Post subject:

Good news,,,there can never be too many Greens Smile
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:04 pm 
Post subject:

Great News
One of the Hobbies real Gents, I do not think anyone else puts in as many miles travelling everywhere virtually.

Keep Safe and Well Gordon Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
cardiff55

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:18 pm 
Post subject:

Yes , I am pleased too. I went to two fairs recently that were organised by Gordon. They were my first fairs since I organised one in Cardiff back in 1991! The two fairs I attended were at Weston-Super-Mare when Gordon kindly lent my mate ( I was the helper) his trolley so we could unload/load the the car. Sadly the fair was not well attended.

The second was at Bristol Rovers ground about 7 weeks ago, which as much busier , but he was not there due to his illness.

When everything is back to normal I will be attending the fairs again as they are a good half day out and Gordon deserves all the credit for organising these in the West Country.
bazzad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:15 pm 
Post subject: GORDON BENNETT

Hi all,
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I received a phone call a few minutes ago to say that Gordon has passed away.
I do not have any other details at this moment but I know that a lot of people in the Football programme world had a lot of respect for Gordon.
He was a regular dealer at the West London Programme Fair and I know that he travelled the length and bredth of the Country attending many fairs. During this time he made many friends and he was extremely highly respected.
Rest in Peace Gordon - a true gentleman.
[email protected]
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:54 am 
Post subject:

Oh dear, I fear like many we all feared the worst but hoped for better news.

Am sure there will be many tributes on here today, and the vast majority will say what a kind and gentle man he was, and I can only echo that.

I last met him at the Queen of the South Fair last year, and he was his usual jovial self. I could never tempt him to do the Auchinleck Fair as that was just a few miles too much.

RIP old friend, you'll be sorely missed.
NWM Football

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:27 am 
Post subject:

Have just had a call making me aware of this news - very, very sad to say the least.

Got the impression at events towards the end of last year that he was beginning to struggle. Has been a privilege and a pleasure to have had his company at fairs & events over the last five years, and (cliche to say it but) things won't be the same without him Crying or Very sad
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
Fishy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:57 pm 
Post subject:

Very sad news indeed.

RIP Gordon, a true gentleman.
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:33 pm 
Post subject:

Posted today on the Pasoti site

Former Argyle manager Tony Pulis was in attendance at the funeral of Gordon Bennett this morning, also at the service were Paul Stapleton, Mike Pejic and Michael Dunford, Argyle were represented by under-18 Head Coach Darren Way.

RIP old Friend
bazzad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:11 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for that message Peter.
It is such a pity that Gordon's funeral has taken place during the current Covid restrictions as I'm sure that in normal circumstances there would have been a very large attendance.
Certainly a lot of us from the West London Programme Fair would have travelled down to the West Country to say a final farewell to Gordon.
In conjunction with John Chapman (Dagenham Programme Shop) I have written a tribute to Gordon that will be published in the November edition of Programme Monthly.
As Gordon would have said "Keep Smiling"
[email protected]
holtie96

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:32 am 
Post subject: Forum

Apologies have just seen this may he RIP
GordonBennettssister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:07 am 
Post subject: Gordon Bennett

Hello everyone, I am Gordon’s sister, Barbara, and I live an hour from Vancouver, Canada. I am devastated by Gordon’s death and all the tributes on social media and in the news have been overwhelming.

Thank you very much for your kind messages.... it means such a lot of me to know how popular he was and to know what a difference he has made to so many people in the football world.

Please feel free to email me at [email protected].

I have opened a Facebook page called “Gordon Bennett - A Life Well Lived” so please feel free to join.

If anyone wishes to view his Celebration of Life the link is

https://www.obitus.com
Username: Jopu1265
Password: 378431

It’s available until the evening of November 5th. If you missed it please let me know.

Thanks again for your posts and I apologize for the delay in joining this site and sending this post.
GordonBennettssister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:12 pm 
Post subject: I would love to get a copy of Programme Monthly for November

bazzad wrote:
It is such a pity that Gordon's funeral has taken place during the current Covid restrictions as I'm sure that in normal circumstances there would have been a very large attendance.
Certainly a lot of us from the West London Programme Fair would have travelled down to the West Country to say a final farewell to Gordon.
In conjunction with John Chapman (Dagenham Programme Shop) I have written a tribute to Gordon that will be published in the November edition of Programme Monthly.
bazzad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:33 pm 
Post subject: Re: I would love to get a copy of Programme Monthly for Nove

GordonBennettssister wrote:
bazzad wrote:

Hi, I have just sent you a copy by email along with a personal note.
Keep Smiling!
Barry
[email protected]
se20blue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:57 pm 
Post subject:

Barry

Would it be possible to show the tribute published in Programme Monthly on
here for members who do not subscribe to PM.
bazzad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:53 pm 
Post subject: GORDON BENNETT

Hope that this works. Copy of PM tribute attached.
[email protected]
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: