Football Programmes Centre

How are you all ?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How are you all ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sellsell39

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:45 am 
Post subject: How are you all ?

hey guys.

Firstly - big apologies for not contributing much here lately, I have been focused elsewhere.

Secondly - I am a key worker so everything just rolls on as it has since March and will get even busier in the next few weeks I suspect. Although I fully appreciate that I am still employed at the moment whereas many are not so lucky. I empathise greatly with these people.

I thought it should be important to ask how are you all

Stay safe, and best regards.
Thedoog10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:07 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for asking my friend, me and my partner ar doing OK into r early 70 now so have to be vigilant re the 19, only going out when nes for the essentials like chocolate, biscuits and cakes lol.
I have been sorting my Doog /Wolves ephemera out during lock down just whish i new how to upload some photos.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:35 pm 
Post subject:

Good and bad I guess and thanks for asking

Everything around work is fine - I've been working from home for the last 6 years so not really much change this year

On the down side I was diagnosed with Parkinson's last week which has come as a shock - I'm only 53. It won't have an immediate impact but my future is looking a bit different to what I was hoping for before.
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:42 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for starting the ball rolling. My work is related to property sales, so it was dead as a duck for the first few months of lockdown, and since July when the Chancellor announced a stamp duty holiday it has gone absolutely bonkers busy! Like most, not had a holiday, but very thankful to be busy working.

Expecting 2021 to be a bit of a rollercoaster (workwise at least), stamp duty returns on 1st April next year, and if that doesn't dampen the property market, the impending recession whenever furlough ends should kill it.

Football-wise, I'm a bit of an addict for going to games, so I have been watching stacks of non league (attended 25 games between lockdowns). Cannot watch Crystal Palace live, which was a massive thing I did with my family, and I have to be creative regards Dorking games (it usually involves a stepladder!)

Collecting wise, keeping track of behind closed doors programmes keeps me amused, the football cards I collect are modern and cynically marketed, and my Palace match badge collection has completely stopped this season lol.

The family are all well, son is at school which is operating almost normally, wife works at a school and it is very challenging for her.

2020 has been a very different year, I like to think as a generation who has had a pretty comfortable life and never lived through a proper war, it's a reality check of a little bit of hardship which gives a little insight into less fortunate countries than this.

Looking forward to Christmas, and whenever I can properly watch my team inside the ground again (even if with very alien protocols in place)
sellsell39

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:31 pm 
Post subject:

Hey doog, thanks for your reply i am so pleased that you made the effort.

Loving the story about chocolate, cakes and biscuits.

With the uploading, i would take a photo with a tablet device, then look for the "upload a picture" button on this site or elsewhere. Then select the photo that you took earlier and it should appear on the site (possibly a preview option first) ?

Take care.

Last edited by sellsell39 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
sellsell39

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:33 pm 
Post subject:

hey colsid.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I am so pleased that you did.

Wow parkinson's I am so sorry that you have been diagnosed.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about it to reliably comment, but take care please.
sellsell39

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:41 pm 
Post subject:

Hey Dorking, thanks for taking the trouble to respond as well.

I noticed the stamp duty thing, lots of people moving to this area in Suffolk and a surge in postal re-directions at the post office as well.

We are forgetting Christmas this year, maybe 25th June?
and I would not expect to visit Crystal Palace for the remainder of this season unfortunately.

Stay safe.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:46 pm 
Post subject:

I've been shielding my partner since mid March, poor girl has so many things wrong with her I can't take any chances. So other than hospital trips I go out twice a week, shopping, bakery & Post Office (the last 2 are opposite each other). I was doing shopping online but I got fed up with that and decided to do it myself in July.

I am very lucky that she understands my hobby and supports me so I can lose myself under a heap of old football memorabilia, mainly press photos of course.

Myself I am strong and not prone to depression which is very fortunate. We have a nice house & garden, no mortgage now which is helpful. I feel for my big brother who lives alone, in a flat about 5/6 miles from me, and the only person in his life is his daughter who lives and works in Dubai.

I was so sorry to read about colchstersid and hope you can take advantage of all help and services that are on offer. Be strong and keep smiling through.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:49 pm 
Post subject:

All fine here and thanks for asking. I retired in mid February, not panning out as I thought but guess that's the same for everyone. My wife has been working throughout both lockdowns. Though like the rest of the country I am pi**ed of with it all I know that in the end things will eventually go back to normal. And when that day come I intend to be here to enjoy it. I just hope no one else I know misses out on that day.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:18 pm 
Post subject:

Went for my annual flu vaccine today - came out and it struck me that not only was the barber shop open but so was the pub, the jewellers shop, the cafe and the bridalwear shop next to it.

Struck me, today especially, that, up here, we're a damned sight better off than the whole of England and Wales are just now.

And Ross County are allowed 300 fans in to their match with Livingston tomorrow evening.

Sorry to hear about the Parkinson's diagnosis - my advice would be don't Google anything however tempting it is. Just stick to the NHS, they'll keep you right.
Blackjack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:04 pm 
Post subject:

All is well with me and my family thanks ...... my partner has a new grand daughter on the way next week and I found out I'm going to be a granddad for the first time next year Love i work as a head chef in a care home up here in Aberdeen, so I'm the same as you in that work has just been the same, maybe a bit busier, than usual but at least all 70 of our residents have been covid safe ...... I also feel lucky to still be in work, especially as there are loads of people being made redundant up here ...... i hope everyone areok and take care all
Five and In

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:21 am 
Post subject: How are you all ?

As I work from home anyway with my online sporting and entertainment memorabilia business, being indoors is normal for me.
My missus works at the local Post Office and has been working as normal throughout.

I also have the Predictor League to keep me busy along with a large Fantasy Football League that I run for a load of mates which takes some time and I've almost finished writing my second book which I hope to get published when complete.

I'm fortunate that I don't suffer in ways that many do with the lockdown, so I have spent more time than usual on the phone to mates that I know are suffering.
We've also sort of adopted an elderly couple who live a couple of miles away who haven't been outside their front door since March as they have health issues and have no family anywhere close by. We pop there every day with newspapers, milk, bread etc and ten minutes or so of "doorstep chat" to help a little.

The worst thing for me personally is that I haven't been able to gig with the rock/pop covers band that I am the lead singer in.
We had around sixty gigs booked this year and to watch them bite the dust one by one has been heartbreaking.
We did salvage a couple in September and October and gigged to a socially distanced crowd of thirty both times which was quite emotional for us.

Stay safe everybody.
foxes1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:13 am 
Post subject:

I do voluntary work in the book department of a charity shop in Leicester, so not been into work much lately with the lockdown meaning it has to close. I have managed to cope OK although one of the worst parts is not being able to see 2 of our grandchildren who live in Leeds, it makes it harder as one of them who is 5 has cystic-fibrosis so we have to be extra careful.
Hope you all stay well.
James73

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:35 pm 
Post subject:

This has to be the best thread for ages. What an amazing bunch of people on here, you are a credit to yourselves and I wish you all a safe and peaceful end to the year.

From my point of view I have been working from home since February. I work for the Stock Exchange and we have continued business as usual, although the days seem to get longer and the work I do is getting more diverse so I am keeping busy.

Like some of you though I also have to shield my wife too, she is recovering from breast cancer but has recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, of which we wait for a treatment plan. Lot's of hospital visits, especially hard as I can only go to the door with her then have an agonising wait for her to say she is ready. We have found that laughing and wine help a lot.

From a football point of view Spurs and Ebbsfleet have been out of bounds. Went to watch Chatham Town which I loved and didn't want the game to end.
Also my son is U13 football in Kent League C which has now been put on hold again. Much to his annoyance, he blames it on Trump.

Stay safe all
Vova12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:00 pm 
Post subject:

Hello everybody!

I hope that all difficulties will be overcome and everyone will meet new times alive and healthy.
I left Moscow tired of constant restrictions.
I bought a house 300 km from Moscow. Now there is a large lake in front of my house, and around me there is a forest for tens of kilometers.
Tver region, Krasnomaysky village ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zWeMMoQuJ0

Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:49 pm 
Post subject:

That looks very nice, lots of space and open air. I hope you are very happy there! Thumbs Up
Vova12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:20 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
That looks very nice, lots of space and open air. I hope you are very happy there! Thumbs Up
Thanks. I will never return to Moscow, will only go to rugby matches .I really like it here.
This is most depressed region in Russia but the nature is excellent and there are few people. Very Happy

https://yandex.ru/maps/geo/posyolok_gorodskogo_tipa_krasnomayskiy/53037083/?ll=34.412950%2C57.621590&source=wizgeo&utm_medium=maps-desktop&utm_source=serp&z=10
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:27 pm 
Post subject:

It's good to see all the responses and support for one another.

All good in York here. Whilst I had a couple of months working from home at the beginning of the first lockdown, I was always in the office a day or two and then soon back to the "normal" routine which has continued. We're still in the office now, all separate, as I work for a property firm.

Missing proper football, we can but hope we are allowed to watch our teams not through a computer screen or phone soon.

On a personal note the gap between the first lockdown and now yielded an engagement so my fiance and I are busy planning our wedding for June 2021 (fingers crossed for some normality and easing by then!)

The quieter evenings and weekends means plenty of opportunity for buying and selling on eBay and sorting the mass of programmes in the garage. It's all general stuff, 60's onwards but will always take a look for anything anyone needs.
Thedoog10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:52 pm 
Post subject:

mdjw_41 wrote:
It's good to see all the responses and support for one another.

All good in York here. Whilst I had a couple of months working from home at the beginning of the first lockdown, I was always in the office a day or two and then soon back to the "normal" routine which has continued. We're still in the office now, all separate, as I work for a property firm.

Missing proper football, we can but hope we are allowed to watch our teams not through a computer screen or phone soon.

On a personal note the gap between the first lockdown and now yielded an engagement so my fiance and I are busy planning our wedding for June 2021 (fingers crossed for some normality and easing by then!)

The quieter evenings and weekends means plenty of opportunity for buying and selling on eBay and sorting the mass of programmes in the garage. It's all general stuff, 60's onwards but will always take a look for anything anyone needs.

Any Kettering 75/76 and 76/77.
matt blue

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:26 pm 
Post subject:

What a great topic to bring up.

I’ve been working from home since feb, I’m a quantity surveyor so can do my job from home. Have regular meetings online which can be a tad challenging when meetings are big.

The wife is a teacher, she had Covid sometime between December 2019 and March 2020. This was picked up during a genetics test.

My little girl is 4 and has additional needs so thankfully she’s been fine as she is non verbal so is unable to tell us when she doesn’t feel well.

Missed my fishing holiday in Russia and Sweden, family hols to portugal etc but thankfully I’m not one of the poor people who have passed on from this horrible disease.

Football wise, not really missing it at all.

Take a look at my work in progress !!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: