Football Programmes Centre

Ebay Fraud reders-33
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ebay Fraud reders-33

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galmpton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:20 am 
Post subject: Ebay Fraud reders-33

Hi If you have bid on ebay user name reders-33 it is a scan they are listing
items from midlandsports/wembley23 timed auction on the saleroom which ends on Sunday/Monday
ebay have been informed but if you know the high bidders please
let them know.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:52 am 
Post subject:

The reders-33 ebay account is just selling a load of jewellery.. What is the issue ?
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:19 am 
Post subject:

These are his completed listings

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Sports-Memorabilia/64482/i.html?_sofindtype=0&_byseller=1&_nkw=&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=CO27XD&_fss=1&_fsradio=%26LH_SpecificSeller%3D1&_saslop=1&_sasl=reders-33&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

As an example he has "sold" this one for £840

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Hand-Signed-1960s-Annual-Presentation-Autographs-George-Best-Matt-Busby/224184462153?hash=item34326f6b49:g:9yMAAOSwG-dffepT

But it is still at auction here

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/midlands-sports-auctions/catalogue-id-srmidl10015/lot-01761f5b-100c-4642-aea5-ac3300ad113f

Meaning he can bid at the auction up to about £600 and have a ready buyer for £840, making a small profit

Or the bidding at the auction goes over £600 and the potential profit disappears - he then just tells the eBay buyer the item is no longer available

Second possibility is that he is the owner of these items and will take whichever gives him the best price - easily done if you set the right reserve at the auction (not sure how Midland Sports Auctions will view this sort of thing)

There may be another explanation here but will be interesting to see what happens and with his feedback
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:26 am 
Post subject:

Third explanation - some serious shill bidding on eBay

Every auction was either won by (or underbid by) a bidder with feedback score of 594. The way eBay works the abbreviated name displayed changes characters between different auction histories

Not sure what exactly the scam is here but something not right and galmpton is right to be very suspicious. Only a couple of items were sold to another bidder - caveat emptor
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:39 am 
Post subject:

Sorry, I'm in full Sherlock mode here Sherlock

High bidder was the same on all but two items

Characters in his ID were a combination of: SEAN00235689 - which someone may recognise?

Only two items were sold to other bidders - winning bidders were 3...s (feedback 49) and 4...1 (feedback 10420)
galmpton

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:21 am 
Post subject: Ebay Fraud reders-ss

Hi The items which were sold on ebay yesterday were taken from the midlandsports/wembley23 timed auction on the saleroom.com which ends today, the images were taken from the saleroom and images placed on ebay,
I own all the items which were sold yesterday I advised ebay 3 days ago that there was a Issue and still they did not remove the items, Midlandsports and two other people informed ebay and still nothing complete
waste of time, all items are on the auction today and hope nobody has been caught out
Stewart
foxes1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:20 pm 
Post subject:

To make the items look authentic that he is the seller, look at the items location as well, seems strange that any items relating to Manchester Utd / City the item location is down as Manchester, anything to do with London teams the items are down as location London & Glasgow items the location is Glasgow. All very strange.
se20blue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:04 pm 
Post subject:

Notice all items on reders -33 Ebay account have disappeared,is there any update on this problem ?
se20blue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:06 pm 
Post subject:

And now the negative feedback appears after the a/c has done a runner.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: