Football Programmes Centre

Parking and Eating near the Hawthorns
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Parking and Eating near the Hawthorns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:54 pm 
Post subject: Parking and Eating near the Hawthorns

Anyone know of any decent parking places near the Hawthorns, never been there myself but my old man is a big Baggies fan and for his 60th birthday my sister is going to try and get him tickets for a home game.

If she is successful i'd be going there with him and probably driving, just wanted to know if there were any decent places to park, so you don't have to walk miles.

Also i was going to have a drink and some food before the game there is a Gourmet Burger Kitchen in Birmingham about 5 miles away, but are there any other places of similar ilk (american style ones) that are nearer to the ground.
foxes1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:41 pm 
Post subject:

I find the site in the attached link very helpful, I have used it a few times
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/
OldburyWBA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:42 pm 
Post subject:

There is street parking around but usually a case of get there early and there are car parks which I think are around £4/£5, theres a big one by the M5 Junction 2 island at East End Foods.

Theres a few pubs either past the ground towards Birmingham and again towards West Brom town centre but you will have to walk a bit.

To be honest The Hawthorns is one of the worst grounds around for food/ drinks etc before a game. There is a MacDonalds over the road though but not a lot else.

For ticket details keep an eye on this page for dates etc: http://www.wba.co.uk/page/HomeTickets/0,,10366~1718183,00.html
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:54 pm 
Post subject:

We always park in Island road and walk up but if you want decent food you are better eating early away from the ground then parking up. Its a ten min walk from the top of that road and plenty of parking if you get their before 2.30 for 3pmko.
James

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:59 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the responses guys, very helpful
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: