Football Programmes Centre

EBAY sellers conditions of sale...... funny
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
EBAY sellers conditions of sale...... funny

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tintowner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:53 pm 
Post subject: EBAY sellers conditions of sale...... funny

Found this sellers selling conditions.... lays it on the line Clap Clap

POST: PLEASE BE PATIENT, Its a bit slow these days. Getting "undelivered item" cases opened after a few days which is just ridiculous .Please don't ask for "Tracking Details", when you've paid two quid, there aren't any! Its £2 for a ticket, postcard type of thing (unrecorded), if i think it will go mental i will amend this accordingly. £3 or £4 (recorded) for a programme, more for larger stuff, comics have to go 'twixt two large flat pieces of card, books are naturally heavier and cost more. Special Delivery for expensive items is £8. If you don't accept these prices then please exercise your prerogative and do not bid. Also postal "advice" to be fair will be giggled at over a socially-distanced pint. YES I COMBINE POSTAGE.

OVERSEAS : I don't know where its going to end up, so its a guess. Costs more to U.S than it does to France (for example). Sick of refunding "its not arrived", so any Overseas must be Tracked and signed for. I will refund any significant overcharge (pounds not pennies).

THANKS : To all the honest, bursting with common sense buyers, a curse on the other dishonest crooks.
kenners46

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:29 pm 
Post subject:

I dont like sending abroad so i use ebays global shipping programme, i get countless enquiries why it costs so much i just reply i dont know i get £1 from them and they take the rest, suits me as i would rather not send abroad anyway
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:35 pm 
Post subject: Re: EBAY sellers conditions of sale...... funny

Tintowner wrote:
Found this sellers selling conditions.... lays it on the line Clap Clap

POST: PLEASE BE PATIENT, Its a bit slow these days. Getting "undelivered item" cases opened after a few days which is just ridiculous .Please don't ask for "Tracking Details", when you've paid two quid, there aren't any! Its £2 for a ticket, postcard type of thing (unrecorded), if i think it will go mental i will amend this accordingly. £3 or £4 (recorded) for a programme, more for larger stuff, comics have to go 'twixt two large flat pieces of card, books are naturally heavier and cost more. Special Delivery for expensive items is £8. If you don't accept these prices then please exercise your prerogative and do not bid. Also postal "advice" to be fair will be giggled at over a socially-distanced pint. YES I COMBINE POSTAGE.

OVERSEAS : I don't know where its going to end up, so its a guess. Costs more to U.S than it does to France (for example). Sick of refunding "its not arrived", so any Overseas must be Tracked and signed for. I will refund any significant overcharge (pounds not pennies).

THANKS : To all the honest, bursting with common sense buyers, a curse on the other dishonest crooks.

who is the seller-i think a lot can learn from him for sure! Laughing Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pacey Winger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:10 pm 
Post subject:

Ive bought from the boy......a very nice 1948 programme as it happens. No issues at all.

Like you say though, sets his stall out......i suppose you know where you stand Laughing
grantham

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:14 pm 
Post subject:

I had quite a few late delivery and undelivered cases opened against me in July because of the current postal delays. So I rung ebay (rather they rung me on the callback service) and had a decent conersation with one of their English speaking reps (rather than the Indian English) and explained that the delays were down to Royal Mail. She explained that ebay's official line was that because Royal Mail have stated it's business as usual they don't currently expect any delays. But during the conversation it become very apparent alot of others were seeing the same.

Ebays suggestion, increase your delivery times on all items listed and explain in your item description that there maybe a delay. I simply stated that ebay need to relax their rules during the pandemic, she said the powers that be aren't interested. I responded with if every ebay buyer started to open cases like some are ebay would grind to a halt and no one would use it, to which she agreed.

The eventual result of the phone calll was that she removed all 'slow delivery' marks against my account and simply reiterated the 'extend delivery times' and ' explain in item descriptions' which I think is shocking.

Yes most people will understand a delay, but for ebay just to ignore it because RM say they are operating normally is appaling. My local Post Office drop-off point was operating for 2 hours a day 6 days a week during lockdown, how is that normal ?

Sorry for the rant, but a couple of buyers could ruin a sellers account standing, thankfully it was resolved

Last edited by grantham on Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
stfc831968

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:50 pm 
Post subject:

I've also brought off this seller with no problems. I guess it's the few who have caused him problems which has caused him to write this in his listings. Not sure it will stop the odd person still causing him problems though.
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:00 pm 
Post subject:

Brilliant.
I think I'll copy and paste that to my listings!!
Far too many wetwipes on Ebay quick to complain on just about anything!
goonerboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:43 pm 
Post subject:

On ther other hand the guy charges £2 for a first class stamp and 10p envelope. Even if he factors in ebay/PayPal fees he is pocketing £1.70 for about 86p outlay on p&p. He deserves grief over his postage policy.Sellers who try to squeeze extra profit from buyers via p&p are a pain in the butt.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:23 am 
Post subject:

He charges £4 postage for an envelope and a first class stamp. He has been discussed on the other forum due to his starting price of £10 even if the programme is worthless.
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:40 am 
Post subject: EBAY sellers conditions of sale... funny

I have purchased lots of stuff on EBay , but not really clued up on how to sell. Only my personal opinion, but unless it was the bargain of the century , l would probably give this seller a wide berth. lm sure he’s probably a lovely person, but not fussy on his tone. Sends out negative vibes man Cool
cardiff55

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:37 pm 
Post subject:

I saw this seller's comment re postage and thought it was fair. Blunt and direct but fair. At least every one know where they stand.

I only send expensive items out via Signed For our Special Delivery, based on the sale price. I hope I am not emptying fate but recently not any problems with post and only one 'missing' this year.

Some people charge ridiculous postage, 99p for programme and £2 postage! Some even £2.45. So I avoid them. I try and keep postage costs as low a possible. I can't comment on this seller's postage costs, as mentioned above , as I forgot his ID and can't check.

About 60% of buyers don't leave feedback on my sales, which i worry about as you cannot tell whether the item have arrived at their destination. But i suppose I would soon hear about it if they hadn't.
cardiff55

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:21 pm 
Post subject:

I found the seller on Ebay again. he has a programme I want but postage is £4, for one programme. Apparently he states that Signed for Delivery is either £3 0or £4 and has charges £4 for the I item I want. even though it is standard size and postage would be under £2. So I won't bother. His 'star' ratings are dropping too on postage , unsurprisingly .
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: