Football Programmes Centre

Panini / Merlin and other stickers
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Panini / Merlin and other stickers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:13 pm 
Post subject: Panini / Merlin and other stickers

Is anyone experienced in selling Panini / Merlin stickers or Merlin trade cards.

I've been having a bit of a clear out and have come across quite a quantity, mainly from my own collections when I used to complete the sticker books in my youth, so most are from the mid to late 90's and early 00's.

I've been having a look on eBay and mostly you can get £1 a piece if you list them individually, however some seem more valuable.

Prices seem to vary considerably when you get into the more well known players such as your Beckham / Lampard / Gerrard sticker or card but at the same time the price varies hugely.

A Merlin Premier Gold card of Beckham varies from several hundred to around £100. Panini 99 sticker of Beckham varies from £25 to £5 - are some being more lucky than others or is the value one expects nearer the bottom or top end.

And is there any sort of resource which may tell you if certain stickers are rarer in general than others?

Any help appreciated.
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:17 am 
Post subject:

Hi.

Re. stickers, generally to get a decent chunk of money back it makes sense to sell in bulk lots from a particular collection. Selling stickers individually may yield more over time, but generally I've found it's not worth it given the time it takes to list and process them, especially with 'modern' stickers from the past 25 years or so.

Grouping stickers from various collections but of a particular club can also be a good way to sell to yield a bit more, but again, more work is involved. Liverpool Panini stickers are particularly well collected and many of these (from 70s-80s especially) have been making very good money.

Recently there has been a bit of a craze for 'rookie' stickers, and this has seen some stickers (for 'star' players) yielding absurd prices considering the quantities they're produced in. Best way to see what's hot here is to search for the collection in ebay completed listings, adding 'rookie' to the search criteria. You might find you have a few that are worth listing individually.

As a general rule, Panini stickers are more prized and higher-priced than merlin etc.

Last Sticker (.com) is a good resource for seeing how rare (or in demand) stickers within a particular collection are, as they give metrics on how many collectors are looking for a particular sticker vs how many are offering that sticker.

I'm not as experienced with cards, but with cards you can get a bit of a clearer definition of value because some are produced in significantly smaller quantities (generally the 'Limited Editions' '100 club' etc type cards, usually with a foil finish). Base set cards from most collections tend to be worth next to nothing. Last Sticker also catalogues card collections, by the way.

Hope this helps.
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:24 am 
Post subject:

Thank you for your detailed message which is really helpful - I have certainly seen what you mean by the "rookie" cards on eBay!

I'll also look at that website which looks a good reference tool so thanks.
hulldon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:37 pm 
Post subject:

PM sent
bee007

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:14 pm 
Post subject: Panini Stickers Wanted

Hi, Does anyone have any spare Panini stickers for World Cup Italia 90. I only need 6 to complete album. Numbers required are: 57, 152, 171, 305, 316, 325. If anyone has all or just 1, please contact me. Thanks Alan
bee007

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:35 pm 
Post subject: Panini Euro 2020 Tournament Stickers

Is anyone collecting these stickers. I need 4 (412, 591, 672, 677, ) to complete and have over 200 spares. If anybody wants to swap any please contact me. [email protected]
Von

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:41 pm 
Post subject:

Good afternoon,

I am new to the forum. I saw this topic and I was wondering if this was a good place to sell completed sticker books and trading cards?

I have quite a few and I am looking to clear some space in the loft and pass them onto someone who can do something with them rather than them sitting in the loft Haha!

Any help would be amazing!

Many thanks.
bee007

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:54 pm 
Post subject: Panini Stickers

PM Sent
martino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:34 pm 
Post subject: Re: Panini / Merlin and other stickers

mdjw_41 wrote:
Is anyone experienced in selling Panini / Merlin stickers or Merlin trade cards.

I've been having a bit of a clear out and have come across quite a quantity, mainly from my own collections when I used to complete the sticker books in my youth, so most are from the mid to late 90's and early 00's.

I've been having a look on eBay and mostly you can get £1 a piece if you list them individually, however some seem more valuable.

Prices seem to vary considerably when you get into the more well known players such as your Beckham / Lampard / Gerrard sticker or card but at the same time the price varies hugely.

A Merlin Premier Gold card of Beckham varies from several hundred to around £100. Panini 99 sticker of Beckham varies from £25 to £5 - are some being more lucky than others or is the value one expects nearer the bottom or top end.

And is there any sort of resource which may tell you if certain stickers are rarer in general than others?

Any help appreciated.

I am probably stating the obvious but make sure that you check the "sold" prices on E Bay and not the "active" listings. As you will see from the "active" listings some sellers ask aspirational prices which are never or very rarely realised. This gives other sellers an unrealistic idea of values. The only price you need to know is what an item actually sold for.
denisosh

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 9:19 am 
Post subject:

yachtsmun wrote:
Hi.

Re. stickers, generally to get a decent chunk of money back it makes sense to sell in bulk lots from a particular collection. Selling stickers individually may yield more over time, but generally I've found it's not worth it given the time it takes to list and process them, especially with 'modern' stickers from the past 25 years or so.

Grouping stickers from various collections but of a particular club can also be a good way to sell to yield a bit more, but again, more work is involved. Liverpool Panini stickers are particularly well collected and many of these (from 70s-80s especially) have been making very good money.

Recently there has been a bit of a craze for 'rookie' stickers, and this has seen some stickers (for 'star' players) yielding absurd prices considering the quantities they're produced in. Best way to see what's hot here is to search for the collection in ebay completed listings, adding 'rookie' to the search criteria. You might find you have a few that are worth listing individually.

As a general rule, Panini stickers are more prized and higher-priced than merlin etc.

Last Sticker (.com) is a good resource for seeing how rare (or in demand) stickers within a particular collection are, as they give metrics on how many collectors are looking for a particular sticker vs how many are offering that sticker.

I'm not as experienced with cards, but with cards you can get a bit of a clearer definition of value because some are produced in significantly smaller quantities (generally the 'Limited Editions' '100 club' etc type cards, usually with a foil finish). Base set cards from most collections tend to be worth next to nothing. Last Sticker also catalogues card collections, by the way.

Hope this helps.

Your message is really helpful for me, Thanks for such detailed info..
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: