Football Programmes Centre

Landmark Global
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Landmark Global

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:23 pm 
Post subject: Landmark Global

Bit of a long rant but want to share my bad experience with LANDMARK GLOBAL and a parcel that i sold to India. I had 6 parcels to send and wanted to send them 1 at a time to see if they got to its destination without any hiccups. (all others have gone with different courier and got there no problem). I always weigh my parcels before dispatch and used the Parcels2go website which i do often and booked it in for collection on 22nd June. I used Landmark as they were cheapest and parcel weighed 27.8kg. Parcel was picked up and estimated delivery time was 2nd July. The date passed with no parcel arriving so i put a claim in on 10th July to find out what has happened. They came back to me that the parcel was too heavy at 33.3kg and they had contacted the customer but had no response (both untrue and my customer even offered to send me phone records) and that the only options i have are for it to be resent back to me for £40 or have it destroyed and this is from today so has been going backwards and forwards for weeks now. My customer paid £90 and they wont refund this even though the parcel is still in the uk and they havent honoured the terms. I am so angry and feel totally ripped off and they wont even tell me where their depot it is at so i could maybe go and pick it up personally. I really dont know what to do but to me it is theft what they have done. Sad
Supermono13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:03 pm 
Post subject:

overlap

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:03 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Paul, sorry to hear that you hitting a brick wall with a delivery firm.

Landmark Global seem to be opaquely split between the USA and Holland/Belgium.
There is a USA phone number on the below link, and a Dutch PO Box. Maybe a phone call to the US might be worth a try.

https://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/query.asp?query_type=queryCarrierSnapshot&query_param=USDOT&query_string=1712836

PS it appears that grains, waterwells, and lumber are their core business
colchestersid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:37 pm 
Post subject:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/landmarkglobal.com

I always use Trust Pilot before using a firm I don't know - they get a score of 1.5 out of 5 which is about as low as it gets (although to be fair UPS and Parcel Force both score even lower)

DPD get 4.7 by the way
martino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:24 am 
Post subject:

It is difficult to evaluate review scores as most people only do a review when it is bad news. The many hundreds who do not have problems just get on with life.

Personally I am surprised at the UPS score. I use them half a dozen times a year to send packages to a buyer in the USA and I have never had a problem. Pick up from home on the stated day and delivery in the USA within three days. Perhaps I should add a positive review?
silkman1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:03 pm 
Post subject:

Paul, I am no expert but was the package bulky?

Sometimes the volume can exceed the weight and the shipping costs will be based on the higher of the two.

The courier will be under an obligation to advise you of this and ask you to pay the additional freight cost.

If the package still sits in their warehouse in the UK and they have not done so I would imagine they maybe in breach of contract.

As a footnote - I have been in the international transport business for 45 years and has been mentioned already UPS are a much better option. Whilst this will not help you now it may do for the future.
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:35 pm 
Post subject:

silkman1 wrote:
Paul, I am no expert but was the package bulky?

Sometimes the volume can exceed the weight and the shipping costs will be based on the higher of the two.

The courier will be under an obligation to advise you of this and ask you to pay the additional freight cost.

If the package still sits in their warehouse in the UK and they have not done so I would imagine they maybe in breach of contract.

As a footnote - I have been in the international transport business for 45 years and has been mentioned already UPS are a much better option. Whilst this will not help you now it may do for the future.

i weighed it before dispatch to make sure it was below 30kg. it was 27.8kg then i get told by them it was suddenly 33.3kg !!!!!
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:36 pm 
Post subject:

Supermono13 wrote:
could this be of help:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03855411

I am going to write to them to complain
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: