Football Programmes Centre

Wigan Athletic 1950
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wigan Athletic 1950
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:14 pm 
Post subject:

The fact that it now stands at £70 plus is indicative of the fact that for all his 45 years of buying and selling programmes he hasn't got a scooby about non league programmes from the north west of this era.

He's an attention seeker, nothing more, nothing less.
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:14 pm 
Post subject: wigan athletic

You're right that this is very boring!! Laughing
AndyBRFC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:19 pm 
Post subject:

Ashton United v Bootle (14.09.1949) Lancashire Combination

is it worth anything?

Certainly don't expect anything like the value of the programme in the OP, just curious Smile
albion99

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:27 pm 
Post subject:

AndyBRFC wrote:
Ashton United v Bootle (14.09.1949) Lancashire Combination

is it worth anything?

Certainly don't expect anything like the value of the programme in the OP, just curious Smile

Andy, one thing I can assure you of is some very sensible advice from the majority on here, my new found friend being the exception, good luck, and best wishes.
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:38 pm 
Post subject:

Not only that, it's the same with every reply to every post 'The Sorter' replies to. No
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:51 pm 
Post subject:

Just a thought? The Sorter isn't a previous pillock in a new disguise, is he? The obnoxious know it all approach is very familiar lol.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:53 pm 
Post subject:

The Ashton United ones from that era are usually in the £8 to £12 bracket....unless, of course, two people are desperate for it.
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:43 pm 
Post subject:

message from: treble99 (4,425)

Hello Nigel
If you want to accuse me of something then why don’t you ask me directly instead of being a nob
I will not post on the forum anymore as it’s full of mostly losers and two Bob fish and chip shop merchants.
You know what I mean
The sorter is Mark Fowler.He buys and sells programmes that cost more than most houses in Stoke on Trent
So go and accuse some other loser of participating in the forum and stick to your next to nothing teamsheets and leave me alone
Ray

Seems I've trodden on someone's corns lol!!
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:57 pm 
Post subject:

Sorter. One more caustic comment like the ones earlier in this thread and it will be your last. If you have nothing positive to add then don't bother.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:38 pm 
Post subject: wigan athletic

So I can only say nice things and not upset the delicate people on here? Very Happy
colchestersid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:46 pm 
Post subject:

There are thousands of message boards where you can trade insults and there is nothing wrong with that

The ethos of this board is that it doesn't get clogged up with "banter" or insults and we treat each other with respect. It's not that anyone on here is delicate or thin skinned it just goes against the standards that have been set.

Seems straightforward to me and probably 99% of the people who post on here
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:51 pm 
Post subject:

He's been banned Sid.
Just can't be bothered with vile people anymore.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
RoddyN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:05 pm 
Post subject:

I suggest you do the same with "Bitter and Twisted" who has nothing to offer other than being a candidate for the Nobel Literary prize. A cameo of 3 drunken posts contributing precisely the square root of zero.
grantham

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:25 pm 
Post subject:

pastpirate wrote:
He's been banned Sid.
Just can't be bothered with vile people anymore.

He isn't having a great week is he, I kicked him off my facebook group earlier this week as well for the same reason. The bloke needs a personality transplant
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:34 am 
Post subject:

RoddyN wrote:
I suggest you do the same with "Bitter and Twisted" who has nothing to offer other than being a candidate for the Nobel Literary prize. A cameo of 3 drunken posts contributing precisely the square root of zero.

Done.

Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:57 am 
Post subject:

Well done.

When this forum first started it was like a breath of fresh air to both collectors and sellers. It was a place where you could ask for advice and it would be freely given, and appreciated. Then some of the egos joined and used it as a vehicle for their own peculiar brand of entertainment - usually insulting.

For a while I dropped off the radar as I simply could not be bothered with the insults freely flowing, but rejoined quite some time later once they'd been put into Room 101. I suppose a bit of banter on an all male forum (I'm making assumptions here, but am not aware of any females?) dedicated to all things football is inevitable. Some of it can be quite amusing, but when it turns to abuse it's no longer so.

Glad to see the miscreant(s) away, and hopefully the Forum can safely revert to doing what it's best at, which is helping others.

Some of the Facebook forums are similar in many respects to how the Forum used to be, and I run a good number of such sites. The Scottish Non League programme site I run was a godsend to many during the lockdown as it gave folk a vehicle for enhancing their collections, which many took great advantage of. As Grantham says though, the same kind of people are now starting to turn up on them too. As long as they're managed it's okay.

Eeka Peeka.
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:44 am 
Post subject:

The sad thing is no-one will notice the loss of the ones that constantly carp and make snarky comments....and yet they always seem to be desperate to get back onto the forums to make their noise....it is a shame.

The saying is if you can't say anything nice ......say nothing.

Also I note 59 watchers on the eBay item in question ticking along nicely at £73 last I looked...plus seller also has a Dunfirmline of similar age at over £200....

Nice debut!

Last edited by pafcprogs on Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Five and In

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:02 am 
Post subject: Wigan Athletic 1950

This Forum is full of people with some great knowledge and as a group of people, I think we all try to help where we can when questions are asked.
I now class many people on here as friends and communicate with them away from the site.

There have been many times when a question has been asked and I've thought "I should know that", but when I don't, I stay silent and then learn from the responses from those that do.

Amusing as the Wigan post has been, I just didn't see the point in the original "worth sod all" comment from somebody who clearly had no idea of its value and am delighted that it's now passed £70 on the bid for the seller.
cardiff55

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:12 pm 
Post subject:

I see my guess of a final price of £71 has been exceeded, now £73 with 2 days to go.

And the Dunfermline one is £201 with 5 days to go.

I think it goes to show the benefit of auctioning items where the owner is uncertain of the price.

Good luck with these over the next few days.
albion99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:29 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks folks all much appreciated.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: