Football Programmes Centre

20-21 Behind closed doors
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
20-21 Behind closed doors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
botanybaykid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:40 pm 
Post subject: 20-21 Behind closed doors

Just been informed that Leyton Orient won't be producing any programmes for their home matches.
Does anyone else know if their club are doing anything or not.
Trieste to Trapani

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:08 pm 
Post subject:

They told me at Gainsborough Trinity on Saturday that they are not producing a programme or a teamsheet for the timebeing.
Trieste to Trapani

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:45 pm 
Post subject:

The match at Gainsborough wasn't behind closed doors, there were probably about 200 there. I didn't ask the reasons for cancelling the programmes, there could be many, including the problem of cash handling.
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:30 pm 
Post subject:

Becoming increasingly common not to have programmes at non league friendlies - understandable given the crowds. Dorking are doing one because they asked for contributions!

The Northern League advised clubs that 'paper copies should not be provided for games'

The Kings Lynn owner (National League) is adamant that they WILL do programmes

There's a quite a thread about it here

https://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/northern-league-no-programmes-20-21.2090/

Palace are doing programmes next season, but it might be on a subscription basis, and posted to home, so not physically handled by a matchday vendor.
Trieste to Trapani

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:07 pm 
Post subject:

I understood the Gainsborough people to mean that they wouldn't be doing a programme for league matches this season.
drfc4ever

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:25 pm 
Post subject:

It looks like Doncaster will be producing a programme next season, although it’s likely to be much reduced to 16 pages.
I think they are still looking at options, however it may be a case of pre ordering to be delivered by post on match day. I guess that way they can print to demand as opposed to having potential surplus which incurs a cost. Fingers crossed. The challenge will be trying to pick up the away fixtures

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doncasterroversprogrammes/sets
andyjess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:43 pm 
Post subject:

It looks like Halifax Town will be producing next season as they've included a full seasons programmes in their Supporters Club membership package.
kcs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:56 am 
Post subject:

Started reading the posts about certain non-league divisions not producing programmes....

Went to Kennington (step 6 of non league) v Gillingham u23 yesterday and they are taking card payment on the gate and have programmes at the turn styles, worked a treat!

They were also selling tickets for their first ever FA Cup game next Tuesday.

I think it boils down the whether a club can be bothered or not

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
yachtsmun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:34 pm 
Post subject:

In the Wessex League (step 6 and 7) it’s a requirement that clubs produce a programme for each game and that’s not changing for now. Some clubs produce excellent efforts, but you can tell from the output that many clubs would prefer not to. In fairness, numbers sold have dwindled massively in the past twenty years.
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:29 pm 
Post subject:

Brighton have been granted the test event this weekend against Chelsea.
Only 2500 tickets, no away fans, no programmes.
You even have to leave seats empty between yourself and other members of your family who you sit with

Sounds rubbish
NorthBanksy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:05 pm 
Post subject:

It will be interesting to see how Brighton v Chelsea goes. I remain sceptical that getting in and out of the ground can be done whilst maintaining distancing rules. Can't manage it at the supermarket so how will football fair any better?

Not having programmes seem ridiculous. Brighton issued them for the remaining games of last season BCD, so why not now?

As for not sitting with your own family, that is the daftest thing of all. Assume it will be carefully chosen season ticketholders first. Really not sure how I feel about it all.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:24 pm 
Post subject:

NorthBanksy wrote:
It will be interesting to see how Brighton v Chelsea goes. I remain sceptical that getting in and out of the ground can be done whilst maintaining distancing rules. Can't manage it at the supermarket so how will football fair any better?

Not having programmes seem ridiculous. Brighton issued them for the remaining games of last season BCD, so why not now?

As for not sitting with your own family, that is the daftest thing of all. Assume it will be carefully chosen season ticketholders first. Really not sure how I feel about it all.

The problem is that they have to make the rule draconian - "nobody can sit next to anyone else" - because if they didn't, all sorts of blokes would be saying that their mate was their brother, father, cousin etc. How would they police that?

It's all going to end in tears. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:52 pm 
Post subject:

Brighton allocated the 2500 using their existing 'loyalty points' system to determine priority

Risks opening up a 'I'm a better fan than you' can of worms, but I suppose most top level clubs use a similar system to allocate away tickets, and it is a one off game.

For the league matches, surely most clubs will use either some sort of ballot, a 'take turns' system (so you get one in three home games etc) or a combination of the two.

I can only think that the 'can't sit next to anyone else' rule, is because if a family of four sit together, it mucks up what can be sat in for a couple of rows in front and behind???

I shall mostly be watching my local non-league club next season!
Retro_Pins

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:57 pm 
Post subject:

West Brom will be issuing programmes throughout 20/21 and again via Curtis Sport. I had my renewal notice this morning. A full season subscription for anyone interested is £95
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:11 pm 
Post subject:

Trieste to Trapani wrote:
They told me at Gainsborough Trinity on Saturday that they are not producing a programme or a teamsheet for the timebeing.

I am going to their game against Hull City on the 1st September, disappointing that it doesn't sound like there will be a teamsheet or programme. Please let me know if you hear of that changing?
Fishy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:12 pm 
Post subject:

Retro_Pins wrote:
West Brom will be issuing programmes throughout 20/21 and again via Curtis Sport. I had my renewal notice this morning. A full season subscription for anyone interested is £95

Millwall is the same on Curtis Sport.

I wonder if they'll sell the BCDs separately again.............
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
Retro_Pins

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:23 pm 
Post subject:

Millwall 20/21 annual subscription is also £95 on their website

https://www.curtis-sport.com/online-store/Millwall-2020-21-Subscription-p230039306
Trieste to Trapani

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:18 pm 
Post subject:

mdjw_41 wrote:
Trieste to Trapani wrote:

I am going to their game against Hull City on the 1st September, disappointing that it doesn't sound like there will be a teamsheet or programme. Please let me know if you hear of that changing?

I'm not expecting to be back in Gainsborough before then but this is what I was told in the club shop inside the ground last Saturday. Normally teamsheets are available in there and programmes are sold just after you go through the turnstiles.
se20blue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:40 am 
Post subject:

IPSWICH TOWN V BRISTOL ROVERS 05/09/2020 EFL CUP PROGRAMME

It has been confirmed by Ipswich that no programme will be produced for this match
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: