Football Programmes Centre

Jack Leslie campaign
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Jack Leslie campaign

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:16 pm 
Post subject: Jack Leslie campaign

This has really kicked on today. Almost 30K raised of 100K with press articles and items on national radio....

Leslie was one half of the Argyle pre war "All Black Wing" alongside Scot Sammy Black, and sadly was selected for England honours before being dropped as the selectors discovered his race.

He has been honoured by the club who named the new boardroom at Home Park after him but in the current climate this is a positive campaign aimed at bringing football together behind a man who should have been so much more well known than he was.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/jack-leslie-campaign
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:54 pm 
Post subject:

Good call - I'm backing this too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:02 pm 
Post subject:

Awesome Peter, and thanks!

I just bagged me a Jack Leslie limited edition print for my donation.

I think I have a multi signed a menu from his era....will dig it out and post!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: