Football Programmes Centre

West Bromwich Albion reserve progs 1950's
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
West Bromwich Albion reserve progs 1950's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:53 pm 
Post subject: West Bromwich Albion reserve progs 1950's

Hi All

Bit of a departure for me. I've been contacted by a relative of the old West Brom, Norwich, Wrexham, Palace, Leyton Orient & Charlton player Brian Whitehouse.

This relative has a programme for every league match Brian played in between about 1956 and 1968 when he retired. But he's after WBA home & away reserve programmes from about 1953 to about 1956 and a bit later, if Brian was in the WBA line-up, the later ones are harder to track because he was in and out of the first team at the end of the decade, hence he moved to Norwich.

He says there are about 150 programmes in that period and he has about half of them - he's sending me a list of the ones he needs.

So does anyone have any WBA reserve progs in that period that they are interested in selling? Please let me know - and in a few days I should have his wants list.

This chap is computer illiterate with no access to emails, the net, etc. I am acting on his behalf, I don't want to make a penny out of it.

Thanks in anticipation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
PhilWBA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:53 pm 
Post subject:

He's not welcome on here by the looks of it but Barry is the man to try.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:32 pm 
Post subject:

Fine by me. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:57 pm 
Post subject:

Finally got the list of WBA programmes needed, reserve team, home & away, from 1954 to 1960. If anyone has any of these, please contact me and I will give you the buyer's details. Thank you.

manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:17 am 
Post subject:

Hi Pete

I have the 2 involving MU but not as spares, would be willing to scan the pages and send to whoever, just let me know.

Wave

Interestingly and although not required the MU v WBA Res in 1955-6 United won 8-0 and Robert Charlton scored 6 and United missed a penalty!. [I wonder if Charlton progressed at all, so many show promise then fade away] Laughing

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:45 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Leslie, I guess he'd like to see a scan as I very much doubt he'll see an original, I know you never know but it would be a nice touch.

It would need to be posted to him though as he isn't online. Drop me an email if you'd like to do that please, and I'll give you his address.

Cheers!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: