Football Programmes Centre

Premier League to restart 17th June
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Premier League to restart 17th June

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
se20blue

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 3:40 pm 
Post subject: Premier League to restart 17th June

Will/should programmes be published for games being played behind closed doors ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52833725
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:25 pm 
Post subject:

No supporters = No programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
garyspain

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:20 pm 
Post subject:

I assume there will be teamsheets and possibly tickets/press passes etc. Tough one for collectors.
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:56 pm 
Post subject:

Palace sell programme voucher booklets, in other words a 'season ticket' for all your home programmes.

Saves fumbling for the right money, and reduces the amount of cash that the sellers hold.

We're 4 games short, so I suspect e-programmes might be produced as a compromise.

Can't see any of the people who print paper copies of e-programmes being too interested in doing them when it's an 80 page issue though.
nutfield priory

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:37 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
Palace sell programme voucher booklets, in other words a 'season ticket' for all your home programmes.

Saves fumbling for the right money, and reduces the amount of cash that the sellers hold.

We're 4 games short, so I suspect e-programmes might be produced as a compromise.

Can't see any of the people who print paper copies of e-programmes being too interested in doing them when it's an 80 page issue though.

Cannot see Palace or any other club for that matter producing 80 page programmes, more like 16-20 page programmes,more like the old days. with the basic information required and none of the silly articles like asking the players their favorite food, if we are interested which we are not!
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:50 pm 
Post subject:

nutfield priory wrote:
Dorking wrote:

Cannot see Palace or any other club for that matter producing 80 page programmes, more like 16-20 page programmes,more like the old days. with the basic information required and none of the silly articles like asking the players their favorite food, if we are interested which we are not!

If they think they can make money out of it, they'll do it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:53 pm 
Post subject:

garyspain wrote:
I assume there will be teamsheets and possibly tickets/press passes etc. Tough one for collectors.

Yes, I think there will be team-sheets available to the press only
martino

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:41 am 
Post subject:

…….. and now the F A Cup

England's Football Association has announced that the FA Cup quarter-finals have been rescheduled for the weekend of 27-28 June.

The semi-finals will take place on 11-12 July, with the final set for Saturday, 1 August.
Fishy

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:49 am 
Post subject:

An interesting topic.

I can't see printed versions being available due to cost (as mentioned above. But I can see the possibility of eprogrammes - if this happens I just hope that it doesn't stay that way for next season.

eTeam sheets is another possibility - whilst I'm not keen on them myself (preferring the original handed out match version) it may be the only way that a lot of us can get anything from the matches.
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: