Football Programmes Centre

E-bay Payment Question
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
E-bay Payment Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:14 am 
Post subject: E-bay Payment Question

Forgive my ignorance on this subject but I rarely buy on ebay nowadays, and was wondering about a little problem.

I recently had an offer accepted on an item, but when it came to checkout I got the message 'seller can't accept funds right now'. With a bit of digging, it turns out that its all linked to the sellers paypal account being listed to his previous address. He hasn't sold an item for the over a year.

I've now had a message from the seller saying that he has spoken to ebay and they advise that I send the payment direct to his paypal account, and he will mark it off as paid and ship the item.

Does that sound right or should I be cautious.

Regards Sharrowblade.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
se20blue

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:37 am 
Post subject:

For your own safety I would speak to Ebay to confirm what your seller has told you is correct.
Come July Ebay intend to manage all payments so this will be a good test for them.
kenners46

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:11 am 
Post subject:

Unless its changed in the past year i have never been able to put my email address down and send it to anyone using an ebay link so he wont be able to put his paypal address down ??
grantham

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:34 am 
Post subject:

Get him to send you an invoice from paypal, detailing the auction number and costs involved and make sure it's Goods and Services. That way, if it doesn't arrive you can still claim as normal
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:18 am 
Post subject:

Cheers lads, appreciate the response.

Thanks Sharrow
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: