Football Programmes Centre

Favourite programme covers
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Favourite programme covers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlisleprogs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:05 pm 
Post subject:

Another colliery team from County Durham away to Carlisle in the English Cup.

1925/6 Carlisle v Chilton Colliery Recreation Athletic (very catchy for chants)

Carlisleprogs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:22 pm 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:
manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
it does not matter if it is a 20p bus ticket or some expensive rarity-it is what you collect and each collection is important to that person be it modern day items or stuff from a 100+ years ago-sometimes it has no correlation to monetary value, it is as individual as we all are.

Well said Leslie...I think its a point that sometimes get lost in the hobby.

I have a collection of 350 plus programmes dating from 2009, that have little monetary value, but they are worth more to me than any expensive individual programmes from any era.

These are the programmes I would never part with, because these are the games, complete with team-sheet and tickets. that my young un's have attended.

As I said not worth anything to anyone else, but to us, a unique part of the memories.

www.flickr.com/photos/sharrowblade/albums/72157626074614032

By the way, some great programme covers on show, great to see them.
Especially during these strange days

Likewise if anyone has any from this day in history, the challenge is up and running again. Can we do another calendar year. Confused

Stay safe everybody.

Regards Sharrow

I am lucky to have quite a few rare items but every year I get excited by the issues for pre season friendlies; hopefully with trips to new grounds (Ross County away was a good one this season) and then onto the league; like Sharrowblade, I want a programme, teamsheet and ticket. Putting them all together is just as exciting as getting a rare item.

I don’t see enough of my rare items but get great pleasure from the current season until such time as those issues end up on the loft with god knows how many from previous seasons to clear the decks for yet another new season.

The current season issues provide great memories of away trips with mates, having a drink in awful pubs, meeting wierd and wonderful characters, invariably losing (it’s Carlisle United) and very long trips home. I enjoy the old programmes but love the new ones too
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:28 pm 
Post subject:

You are a very welcome addition to this board. You have some fantastic programmes and it's great they are getting an airing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:04 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
You are a very welcome addition to this board. You have some fantastic programmes and it's great they are getting an airing.

Well said Pete, some great programmes

I can sympathise with carlisleprogs with regards to the away travelling and he'll have to go much further than us.

Although, we've been to London on six occasions this season, Chelsea, Watford, West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal, Palace, plus Brighton and Bournemouth.

And they didn't lose any of them Love

It was a relief when we went to Manchester City Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Carlisleprogs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:24 pm 
Post subject:

My mates and me think of anywhere less than 3 hours away as an easy journey and rarely miss those “local” fixtures. As we have got older the 6 hour round trip is about our maximum. A couple of seasons ago, in a league 2 with a southern bias, anyone who attended every Carlisle league away would manage 11,000 miles. Too much for me these days.
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:44 am 
Post subject:

Carlisleprogs wrote:
My mates and me think of anywhere less than 3 hours away as an easy journey and rarely miss those “local” fixtures. As we have got older the 6 hour round trip is about our maximum. A couple of seasons ago, in a league 2 with a southern bias, anyone who attended every Carlisle league away would manage 11,000 miles. Too much for me these days.

In the 2010/11 season, I was able to get to 9 Premier League teams within 75 minutes.Also a further 4 within 100 minutes! Thumbs Up Wave
Carlisleprogs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:32 pm 
Post subject:

A couple of colourful covers from season 1949/50

Aberdeen Rea v Leith Athletic followed by Accrington v New Brighton.

Carlisleprogs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:34 pm 
Post subject:

A couple of colourful covers from season 1949/50

Aberdeen Rea v Leith Athletic followed by Accrington v New Brighton.

Carlisleprogs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:23 pm 
Post subject:

Over the last couple of seasons Port Vale have issued a series of Syd Kirkham covers on their programmes. The covers I have seen are wonderful potteries scenes with a football connection.

Anybody who hasn’t seen them should look them up. The Port Vale programme production people should be very proud.

Last edited by Carlisleprogs on Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carlisleprogs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:29 pm 
Post subject:

On what can only be very low sales some of the Scottish non league clubs produce amazing programmes and covers. Here are just two examples from this seasons Scottish Cup.

Fraserburgh v Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic Scottish Cup round 1

Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic v Buckie Thistle Scottish Cup round 2

Raxfactor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:28 pm 
Post subject:

Two England covers which to me have beautiful artwork, England v Scotland 1934 and England v Wales 1940.

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: