Football Programmes Centre

Sarajevo v Manchester United 1967
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sarajevo v Manchester United 1967

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red C

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:57 pm 
Post subject: Sarajevo v Manchester United 1967

Hi folks. Long-time lurker here. A change in personal priorities means that I'm selling some of my better United programmes.

One is the Sarajevo away programme from 1967. This one needs no introduction. It's a very nice example with no writing, tears or folds. The only real fault is a tiny hole where it was once pinned, but this is being picky.

If you're interested, please drop me a PM. I'm looking for £6000.

Thanks
Paul
bluejames

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:11 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Paul
Unfortunately the market has totally collapsed on this programme and indeed a few others of this quality.
It used to be a £7000/8000 programme,sometimes more, but now has very few collectors who need it and can afford it.There is even one more Manchester United collector who owns it and is currently selling up so that's another one on the market which,with supply and demand,brings the price down further imo
It came up at Mullocks about a year/18 months ago and was unsold at a reserve of £5000.That means after commission the seller would have got £4000ish.
I hope you achieve the £6000 but i suspect that £3500 is nearer the mark these days.
I have a couple of people who did ask me to source one at £3000 but i am not sure they are even in the market any more.Whether they would go more if they still wanted it and push came to shove i don't know if they would go more but i am sure they wouldn't go anywhere near £6000
ndnewsham

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:58 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:56 pm 
Post subject:

without having it in my hands i couldn't be sure but over the last 6 months about 15 have appeared.
All have tickets and all the tickets are creased which is the giveaway sign
A few have been tested by Eamon and are fakes so it is a good guess that they all are.
They all carried the same story about the grandfather as well
What is does show though is that the value of those that believed it to be genuine,and there would have been a good few put it at £3000 which is where i put my estimate to the original poster
Red C

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:44 pm 
Post subject:

Hi folks. Sorry for the delayed reply. I thought I got sent an email when someone replied to my thread, but it seems not!

My programme is the same one that didn't sell at Mullocks. It was actually a reserve of £6000 (not £5000) and was sold with 0% seller's commission due to the volume I'd put through a previous auction. So I would have cleared £6000, not the £4000 suggested above.

The eBay one someone kindly linked to above has a stained cover, and the description of the programme says it might be real it might be fake. Not likely to attract the highest price with that description and it still achieved over £3000.

The one I'm selling was bought at a Sportingold auction in 2013 and was part of a famous collection that went under the hammer. I still have the paperwork from that auction to back up the provenance.

With all that in mind, I see it as a £5000 to £6000 programme. It's perhaps not as rare as once thought (only 4 known copies or so), but it is far from common. If anyone is interested given the above points, please drop me a note.

Cheers
Paul
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:23 pm 
Post subject:

Red C wrote:
Hi folks. Sorry for the delayed reply. I thought I got sent an email when someone replied to my thread, but it seems not!

My programme is the same one that didn't sell at Mullocks. It was actually a reserve of £6000 (not £5000) and was sold with 0% seller's commission due to the volume I'd put through a previous auction. So I would have cleared £6000, not the £4000 suggested above.

The eBay one someone kindly linked to above has a stained cover, and the description of the programme says it might be real it might be fake. Not likely to attract the highest price with that description and it still achieved over £3000.

The one I'm selling was bought at a Sportingold auction in 2013 and was part of a famous collection that went under the hammer. I still have the paperwork from that auction to back up the provenance.

With all that in mind, I see it as a £5000 to £6000 programme. It's perhaps not as rare as once thought (only 4 known copies or so), but it is far from common. If anyone is interested given the above points, please drop me a note.

Cheers
Paul

PM has been sent

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: