Football Programmes Centre

Scottish League reserve programmes 1950s
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Scottish League reserve programmes 1950s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capetown3673

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:45 am 
Post subject: Scottish League reserve programmes 1950s

Whilst sorting through some old programmes I had lost for years in my attic, found an early 1950s Berwick Rangers prog, turned out to be a reserve game, Just wondering how many Scottish clubs produced reserve programmes during that era?
Leigh Treymaine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:54 am 
Post subject: Scottish Reserve progs

Offhand, Hearts,Hibs,Aberdeen,Morton,Berwick produced 1950s reserve issues.I think Kilmarnock also produced a few and QOS did pre war if not later.
capetown3673

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:03 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for that info. Leigh.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:19 pm 
Post subject:

Stranraer produced what were for them first team issues for their games in the old "C" League vs the reserve sides of league teams. Berwick did similar. Killie produced a good number of old "Killie white" reserves in the early 1950s.
CanaryHonestMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:40 pm 
Post subject:

Ayr produced a full programme for the Reserve League Cup game against Partick on August 12, 1950. It was just after they had expanded from the basic four-page issues of the 1940s, so perhaps sales were going well, and in addition the Glasgow holiday period might have been a factor in extra away supporters. Either way, it is the only such home issue I have even seen, and apart from a one-off against Falkirk in 1972, when Ayr were on course for the reserve league title, and a short-lived regular four-pager in 1991 that has been it for proper reserve prorgammeat Somerset Park.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: