Football Programmes Centre

Does anyone collect Football Comics ?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Does anyone collect Football Comics ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MINSTERMAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:36 pm 
Post subject: York City in Striker

I'm still looking for the copy of Striker in the early 70s that featured York City in the one page 'my club' (or simialr) feature.

Can anyone help or at least identify the edition it appeared in - thanks in advance for any help
dangerman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:46 pm 
Post subject:

tufcprogs wrote:
That is strange, we have had no problems since we were created last December. It did notice the server went down earlier. Not sayong that is why,

all i can say it do please try and again or (forgive me i am not saying you havent done this) try a mixed up name that would be rarer.

Alan had no probs earlier... so it should work.

tryed but still not working
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:44 pm 
Post subject:

kickoff3pm: I am about to sign up to make a test account. the verify question i got was pretty easy and there is a button to change to another question if not.

dangerman: I have just signed up with as a test and found no problems. You answer a verify question then it send an activation code to your email. Which is clickable and away you go. It can only be something to do with the name you are choosing. PM me the name you are choosing and ill see if it has been taken. But it should just work.

Minsterman: We haven't really focus on the 70's Striker at all on the board. I will do a post (unless you want to join) asking around on the comics board

Last edited by tufcprogs on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
dangerman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:54 pm 
Post subject:

tried different one's
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:02 pm 
Post subject:

Can't think why.
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:32 pm 
Post subject:

Our site owns all 418 Football Picture Story Montlies, a high amount of Roy of the Rovers, Tiger, the complete Champ We are United. A high amount of its continuation in Victor and The Goals of Jimmy Grant.

We are in the early stages of making them digital for you to read. We hope it will be the best collection of comics on the net as I cant see many sites whose plan was to own all of the above.

Why not come over and join us. Plenty of posts to chat about. If you have any that we may be missing, come and discuss with us.

Here is a summary of our plan:

http://champweareunited.proboa.....amp;page=1

Many thanks once agin to admin for allowing links, I have already recommended this site to thers in return.
MATT RUSH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:47 pm 
Post subject: Re: York City in Striker

MINSTERMAN wrote:
I'm still looking for the copy of Striker in the early 70s that featured York City in the one page 'my club' (or simialr) feature.

Can anyone help or at least identify the edition it appeared in - thanks in advance for any help

I've only got one Striker, No 38, September 1970. I'm a bit busy 2moz
but will get back to you.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:08 am 
Post subject:

tufcprogs wrote:
Our site owns all 418 Football Picture Story Montlies, a high amount of Roy of the Rovers, Tiger, the complete Champ We are United. A high amount of its continuation in Victor and The Goals of Jimmy Grant.

We are in the early stages of making them digital for you to read. We hope it will be the best collection of comics on the net as I cant see many sites whose plan was to own all of the above.

Why not come over and join us. Plenty of posts to chat about. If you have any that we may be missing, come and discuss with us.

Here is a summary of our plan:

http://champweareunited.proboa.....amp;page=1

Many thanks once agin to admin for allowing links, I have already recommended this site to thers in return.

Have you checked the legal aspects of doing that ?
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:38 am 
Post subject:

Early stages and pre planning. Our main goal right now is buying up or sending to each other any issues to fill in gaps in our own collections. The main person doing this is backing up his massive collection digitally, for his personal pleasure with a view to our plan in the future. Thats where we are at, at the moment.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:39 am 
Post subject:

tufcprogs wrote:
Early stages and pre planning. Our main goal right now is buying up or sending to each other any issues to fill in gaps in our own collections. The main person doing this is backing up his massive collection digitally, for his personal pleasure with a view to our plan in the future. Thats where we are at, at the moment.

I think you'll find pubishing the pages will not be possible unless you pay the owner. Your looking at perhaps £1-£4,000 just to get started then a regular fee each year.

If you stick to the front and back covers the will be no problem as you can declare as a fan site. I'm doing something similar with http://footballinprint.co.uk it's a hobby thing I do when I have nothing else to do.

I have Shoot, Goal, Football Monthly and other already complete but only the front covers and will be uploading them when I have time.

I have a loads of tiger, ROTR, eagle and most football magazines in stock if you need any info.
MATT RUSH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:52 pm 
Post subject: Re: York City in Striker

MATT RUSH wrote:
MINSTERMAN wrote:

I've only got one Striker, No 38, September 1970. I'm a bit busy 2moz
but will get back to you.

I've rummaged out my only Striker but unfortunately no York City.
Articles on QPR & Grimsby Town and a double page colour photo of Huddersfield Town.
Sorry to disappoint, good luck with youre quest.
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:40 pm 
Post subject:

Ah thanks for the heads up and advice kickoff3pm. There isn't any intention to actually publish/post the actual pages on the site. Front covers yes, but we can do that as a fan site like you said. There is no profit looking to be made.

It is long drawn out process filling collections as we know on here, but it is great that we have posters with a vast area of knowledge, and will call on you if we need any additional info ie Eagle esp as we havent really touched on that apart from a post about 'The Thirteenth Floor' or whatever it was called. So your offer of filling in anyknowledge is great to know.

Do you or anyone have info on how long 'football Today' ran. Not a comic but a magazine.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:49 pm 
Post subject:

tufcprogs wrote:
Ah thanks for the heads up and advice kickoff3pm. There isn't any intention to actually publish/post the actual pages on the site. Front covers yes, but we can do that as a fan site like you said. There is no profit looking to be made.

It is long drawn out process filling collections as we know on here, but it is great that we have posters with a vast area of knowledge, and will call on you if we need any additional info ie Eagle esp as we havent really touched on that apart from a post about 'The Thirteenth Floor' or whatever it was called. So your offer of filling in anyknowledge is great to know.

Do you or anyone have info on how long 'football Today' ran. Not a comic but a magazine.

From bottom to top - Football today is the continuation of FA News published by the FA. You can see this on our inside football section here - http://matchdaymemories.com/shop/football-magazines/inside-football.html

I only got the eagles last weekend, I think the is about 100. I don't know what I'll do with them as they are not about football.

Always happy to help if I can.
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:33 pm 
Post subject:

If ever you having anything to sell, to give you another option, I will happily post it on the site. Just PM if you ever want anything written.

Only been here a matter of days, what a welcoming, friendly and informative site this is.
Mckay007

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:49 pm 
Post subject: Football picture story monthly

I would be interested in buying a scan of the football picture story monthly
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: