Football Programmes Centre

New forum
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:11 pm 
Post subject:

Afternoon all.

Right, I have spoken to my previous business partner about the hosting. As I said this morning, Internet Influence are in the process of migrating all their sites to new servers anyway.

With such a custom build as Football Programme Centre this is not a straight forward task.

They are going to copy a version of the site for me to the new server and then I can work on it and get the sign in functionality working correctly.

I started to work on it this morning but it is not a straight forward fix and will be different on different servers so there is no point in replicating the work.

If you can bear with me a few days, I will keep you updated as I make progress.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:37 pm 
Post subject:

You have a PM Craig

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
PhilWBA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:03 pm 
Post subject:

Be good to see the issues sorted and for this forum to continue, is it possible to have an ignore button so that those who keep bickering can just choose to ignore each other? Failing that they could just scroll past and ignore the posts anyhow.

I'm in neither camp and know none of the parties involved, only one I knew was Barry who upset a few and so would be nice if he was also allowed to return, again those who wish to could just ignore him and his posts.

I know Ray annoys some and yep some of his posts have annoyed me as well but thats life, he has a good depth of knowledge and whilst i'm no longer a programme collector I do still come on here looking at posts as I do still have some interest and his posts are of interest to many.

If everyone agreed and liked each other life would be very boring and peoples internet persona can be very different from how they are in real life plus anyone who gets upset on the internet maybe should take a break from it at times.

Lads, its mainly an adult forum, at times its like kids bickering in the playground and its things like that that put visitors off joining.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:04 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Craig, this is a fantastic forum, though which I have gained so much useful advice, help, contacts and access to actual memorabilia

Long may it continue. Onwards!
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:19 am 
Post subject:

Hey all

My old company have copied the files of the site to a new server and as expected there are a few bugs from changing servers. I'm currently away on business until Wednesday but am hoping to be able to iron these out by the end of the week with some luck and the. Hoping that on the weekend I can update the site onto the new server.

Will keep you updated
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:51 pm 
Post subject:

Great to hear that things are progressing Craig.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:28 am 
Post subject:

Thank you Craig. Easy
Thedoog10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:57 pm 
Post subject:

Been member of this site for ever in different guises had so much help with my collection, do hope we can keep going.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:00 pm 
Post subject:

Good news....

If you are seeing this, you are seeing FPC on its brand new speedy fast server!

Ive done extensive testing and everything seems fine.

Even things which Jamie has had trouble accesing for over a year, such as proper admin, should work absolutely fine again.

I will have no doubt missed some things though so if anyone sees anything that looks wrong or doesnt work, can you drop a message here and ill endeavour to fix it.

Thanks all for your patience.

Craig
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:22 pm 
Post subject:

Great stuff. I can see this. Wonderfull news that the forum will be able to carry on.

footballprogrammes.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:36 pm 
Post subject:

Craig: Thank you very much for this. It?s great news that the forum will continue.

Jamie: Will you consider returning as admin? You did a fantastic job previously.

No-one could doubt that the setting up of a duplicate forum was a sensible idea at the time. However, now that the original is back up and running with all its features and speed fully functioning plus its immense resources of information intact surely it?s time to mothball the proboards site.

The football programme collecting fraternity is a relatively small community. Having two different forums is now not only pointless but also very confusing for any potential new members.

I am aware that some longstanding members have reservations about returning due to previous unpleasant experiences with fellow members. This is understandable and sadly a common problem on forums in all walks of life. However, both current football memorabilia forums are public so there is no reason why any troublemaker(s) couldn?t masquerade under a pseudonym on either! It?s time for everyone to reunite on the original football programme forum and get back to discussing all things programmes and memorabilia.

Thanks again Craig!
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:30 pm 
Post subject:

David. Thanks for that and I agree with every word. Yes I will be back. It's brilliant that this great forum is going to carry on.

Drvonshineck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:13 pm 
Post subject:

So it's decided everyone will be staying here?
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:44 am 
Post subject:

footballprogrammes.com wrote:
Craig: Thank you very much for this. It?s great news that the forum will continue.

Jamie: Will you consider returning as admin? You did a fantastic job previously.

No-one could doubt that the setting up of a duplicate forum was a sensible idea at the time. However, now that the original is back up and running with all its features and speed fully functioning plus its immense resources of information intact surely it?s time to mothball the proboards site.

The football programme collecting fraternity is a relatively small community. Having two different forums is now not only pointless but also very confusing for any potential new members.

I am aware that some longstanding members have reservations about returning due to previous unpleasant experiences with fellow members. This is understandable and sadly a common problem on forums in all walks of life. However, both current football memorabilia forums are public so there is no reason why any troublemaker(s) couldn?t masquerade under a pseudonym on either! It?s time for everyone to reunite on the original football programme forum and get back to discussing all things programmes and memorabilia.

Thanks again Craig!

The new forum will not be mothballed at all and we'll continue to add and improve it. As stated, it was never intended as a rival forum, however given the activity and effort put into it so far, it has a place.

I won't be spending much time on this one I'm afraid for reasons you have touched upon. I know others feel similar.
footballprogrammes.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:05 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
given the activity and effort put into it so far, it has a place.

Thanks for giving us your thoughts Tynie. I fully appreciate the time and effort you have put into the project. Given the current circumstances of a fully functioning forum here I am interested to know what 'place' you envisage the Proboards site having in the scheme of things? Particularly as you wouldnt regard it as a rival...

Tynie Topics wrote:
I won't be spending much time on this one I'm afraid for reasons you have touched upon. I know others feel similar.

Understood but I don't follow the logic? Someone has already intimated that a certain individual has already registered on your site. I recall reading a thread where you responded and intimated it was him posting Confused
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:13 pm 
Post subject:

footballprogrammes.com wrote:
Tynie Topics wrote:
given the activity and effort put into it so far, it has a place.

Thanks for giving us your thoughts Tynie. I fully appreciate the time and effort you have put into the project. Given the current circumstances of a fully functioning forum here I am interested to know what 'place' you envisage the Proboards site having in the scheme of things? Particularly as you wouldnt regard it as a rival...

Tynie Topics wrote:

Understood but I don't follow the logic? Someone has already intimated that a certain individual has already registered on your site. I recall reading a thread where you responded and intimated it was him posting Confused

You have had sly digs at the new forum from the beginning, so forgive me if I don't really feel it neccesary to justify it's existence.

Neither have I intimated anywhere on the new forum about posters ID's.

These posts illustrate why I am no longer interested in contributing here. It's toxic. Cheerio.
martino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:33 pm 
Post subject:

I do not see why both forums cannot co-exist in harmony. Join one or the other or both; what is the problem with that?
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:47 am 
Post subject:

The new forum appears to be totally Scottish orientated with the images of the programmes. This forum now Craig has sorted it out is perfect. No need for a new forum as others have already said.
Rocky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:24 pm 
Post subject:

martino wrote:
I do not see why both forums cannot co-exist in harmony. Join one or the other or both; what is the problem with that?

Jeez it’s turning into Brexit, remainers and leavers. In reality Martino has nailed it as per above.

Well done to Tynie in developing a new forum when this one appeared to be suffering a slow death. Where would everybody have reconvened if this one had actually gone tits up? It’s great that Craig has resurfaced to revitalise this forum and hopefully a clear line of communication is in place to alert him of any future problems.

Having two forums now provides options and choices, so ffs let’s move on with Martino’s post in mind.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:12 pm 
Post subject:

No problem with two forums, but the obvious repetition is an issue for me. Perhaps posters pick one or the other, but posting exactly the same post on both forums doesn't help.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: