Football Programmes Centre

Difficulty of using this website
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Difficulty of using this website
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
se20blue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:57 pm 
Post subject: Difficulty of using this website

Am I the only one having trouble viewing and logging into this website ?
Can anything be done to improve this situation ?
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:49 pm 
Post subject:

I'm having difficulty as well. Just taken me half an hour just to log on. Keep getting an 'Internal Server' message popping up. Does not happen with other sites. Confused
grantham

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:21 pm 
Post subject:

Performance for me has been poor for months, some days pages takes ages to load, and I find myself logged out.

Other days, I just get an internal error
Eck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:42 pm 
Post subject:

Keeps signing me out, a nightmare to log on again this is the last time spending 40 minutes trying to get in, if I can't acceess quickly i'll just have an attempt every so often until the issue is resolved.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:45 pm 
Post subject:

Exactly the same here, I started writing this message on Tuesday 😁
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
paulobee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:47 pm 
Post subject:

Keep getting this come up. Maybe the servers need changing or the software used needs updating or renewing......

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Web Server at footballprogrammecentre.co.uk
Rocky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:43 am 
Post subject:

The recent posts list (showing the last 50) currently covers 5 days and the majority of those are Predictor League posts. Not so long ago, 50 posts or more covered 2 days at the most.

Are the present logging on difficulties preventing people posting leading to a slow demise of the forum?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
holtie96

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:02 am 
Post subject: Website

First time in days when the site has loaded immediately. It has been dreadful constantly not loading and showing interval server error plus always getting logged out
Hopefully someone can sort the problem out?
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:23 am 
Post subject:

Too often it logs me out and it takes ages to log back in again (ie very slow in accepting my username and password)

I don't have many pics of new badges to add, but sometimes it can be really quick and easy, and other times it just doesn't want to know, and I go away for a while until later then it works well again.

In summary, it's intermittent.

Not interested in predictor league, but if it keeps people coming back to the forum, then maybe from time to time there will be topics they want to talk about.

I do miss my favourite Newport badge collector though, I felt we had a connection in terms of understanding each others collecting
sir craven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:59 am 
Post subject:

Ditto same problems as listed above,very frustrating!
Eck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:35 pm 
Post subject:

Working fine today.
In the browser it says not secure i've clicked on that an changed 2 settings from block to allow i'm not sure if this has made a difference or if admin have done maintainence on the site.
Five and In

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:40 pm 
Post subject: Difficulty of using this website

I had a few difficulties accessing the site a few weeks ago for several days, but after I ticked the "remember me" option on the log in page it seems to have sorted things out and I've had no problems since.

Hope I've not jinxed it now Laughing
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:05 pm 
Post subject: Re: Difficulty of using this website

Five and In wrote:
I had a few difficulties accessing the site a few weeks ago for several days, but after I ticked the "remember me" option on the log in page it seems to have sorted things out and I've had no problems since.

MORE or less EVERY TIME I visit I have to re-log in and get a new password and when I do sometimes it is useless as it will not move forward.

On another topic there is a distinct lack of hardly any collectors who ever offer up any of their stuff for discussion, other than asking for values or pricing usually.

I am going to make a fresh start this weekend and start to post a few items, some may not be anything to do with Newton Heath or Manchester United and will be there to encourage other collectors to participate.

Wave

Oh and a big thank you to everyone who looks at my website as this week the 14 million views has been passed, taken 12 years to date and 1000's more items to go on from the 1880's-so once again I thank you all Clap Clap Clap Clap Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:53 pm 
Post subject:

Well done Leslie, that's MASSIVE!

In terms of match badges, I've pretty much put up all that there will be for the season, so there isn't much else to show and discuss at the moment! And the main person I used to talk to about it (Littlewiggy) isn't here anymore, so I occasionally drop him an email instead.

I tend to join in on an interesting topic, but I'm not sure people really want to see my old tat, sorry collectible memorabilia, and talk about it as it's a bit niche it's not really all that!
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:20 pm 
Post subject:

Must admit I have been unable to log in in the normal way for months. The only way I manage it is to go to an old "New private message has arrived) email and click on the link. Seems to work every time doing it that way. I have contacted Craig (The guy that set up the forum in the first place) and he seems unable to get it sorted. A couple of us have set up a back up forum in case things get too bad here. Only problem is that I won't be able to transfer any posts from here to the new forum. If you want a link to it just post here.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:32 am 
Post subject: Re: Difficulty of using this website

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
Five and In wrote:

MORE or less EVERY TIME I visit I have to re-log in and get a new password and when I do sometimes it is useless as it will not move forward.

On another topic there is a distinct lack of hardly any collectors who ever offer up any of their stuff for discussion, other than asking for values or pricing usually.

I am going to make a fresh start this weekend and start to post a few items, some may not be anything to do with Newton Heath or Manchester United and will be there to encourage other collectors to participate.

Wave

Oh and a big thank you to everyone who looks at my website as this week the 14 million views has been passed, taken 12 years to date and 1000's more items to go on from the 1880's-so once again I thank you all Clap Clap Clap Clap Wave

You have a fantastic collection Leslie and I am in awe.

As regards my own stuff, I concentrate on press photos with my website PPP with over 8000 photos on sale. I have about 2000 (probably, never counted) relating to Crystal Palace photos not on any website. One day I must set one up so the world can see them.

However, every time I update PPP I add to a thread on this site and always include about half a dozen new arrivals for interest and perhaps to prompt some discussion. My last 2 updates have prompted nothing, diddly squat. So either my photos are boring and appeal to no one, or people are too busy, or nobody reads my thread any more. Who knows? Anyway, there's another update coming in 2/3 weeks, just in time for Xmas, and I will add to the thread here as always, so who knows what's in store?
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:39 am 
Post subject:

I find if you search for the site on Google and then click Your Messages link it takes you past the log in to your inbox....most effective way I have found of defeating the log in problem.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:14 pm 
Post subject:

pastpirate wrote:
Must admit I have been unable to log in in the normal way for months. The only way I manage it is to go to an old "New private message has arrived) email and click on the link. Seems to work every time doing it that way. I have contacted Craig (The guy that set up the forum in the first place) and he seems unable to get it sorted. A couple of us have set up a back up forum in case things get too bad here. Only problem is that I won't be able to transfer any posts from here to the new forum. If you want a link to it just post here.

I think it probably is time to move in all honesty. I think Craig did an absolutely marvellous job in setting this site up in the first instance. It was groundbreaking and he should be thoroughly commended for it. However, the problems are definitely getting worse and as they seem unfixable why not take the option of advising that the site will transfer over on 01/01/20, with the caveat that any old posts will have to remain where they are.

That gives everyone the opportunity to prepare for the move, and hopefully a fault free future. If anybody wants to have an online whip round for Craig for this site as a thankyou I'll throw a couple of pounds in. Any thoughts?
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:23 pm 
Post subject:

I am in for any whip-round Smile

Now all we need is someone with endless time and patience and a degree of technical competence!

( Rules me out on a minimum of two of those )
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:47 pm 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
pastpirate wrote:

I think it probably is time to move in all honesty. I think Craig did an absolutely marvellous job in setting this site up in the first instance. It was groundbreaking and he should be thoroughly commended for it. However, the problems are definitely getting worse and as they seem unfixable why not take the option of advising that the site will transfer over on 01/01/20, with the caveat that any old posts will have to remain where they are.

That gives everyone the opportunity to prepare for the move, and hopefully a fault free future. If anybody wants to have an online whip round for Craig for this site as a thankyou I'll throw a couple of pounds in. Any thoughts?

Think this is sadly the way we have to go.
Will put a post up soon to advise that this forum will be closing soon and give the info on where the new forum can be found.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: