Football Programmes Centre

Retro Football Fair MCR - 12th October
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Retro Football Fair MCR - 12th October
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluejames

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:45 pm 
Post subject:

Yes first football shirts.Retro shirt collections might be the future to replace programme collecting which looks like it is on the way out to me
grantham

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:15 pm 
Post subject:

Ably assisted by Flinty ?
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:45 am 
Post subject:

Did anyone see the Boot collector on MOTDx (new BBC2 programme) last week?
He had 400 pairs of match worn boots, they were so colourful too
Can't see it taking off to be honest as players spec boots are £100+ but it was amazing to see his collection! He was friends with lots of top players too as he has a youtube blog about boots and lots of players like watching him!

The video is online on the bbc if you can find it
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:12 am 
Post subject:

Congratulations to the Retro Fair team on a very successful (and different!) Fairs. Lots of young people coming in off the Manchester City Centre street, attracted by the vast array of shirts on offer! Despite occasional quiet spells, I still did well with programmes.
se20blue

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:16 am 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
Did anyone see the Boot collector on MOTDx (new BBC2 programme) last week?
He had 400 pairs of match worn boots, they were so colourful too
Can't see it taking off to be honest as players spec boots are £100+ but it was amazing to see his collection! He was friends with lots of top players too as he has a youtube blog about boots and lots of players like watching him!

The video is online on the bbc if you can find it

Found https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/50008223
bluejames

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:48 pm 
Post subject:

What a great share.I assume i must thank Flinty,whoever he is.Yes a good day out.I got plenty of photos of shirts from the past.Very enjoyable.
On the topic of boots i think £100+ a pair is pessimistic.I think they are nearer £300 a pair and if a Ronaldo or a Messi you could be close to 4 figures a pair.
To be honest at even at £100 a pair i suspect they are out of the range of us poorer collectors but i would love to own just one pair of somebody special
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:50 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:
What a great share.I assume i must thank Flinty,whoever he is.Yes a good day out.I got plenty of photos of shirts from the past.Very enjoyable.
On the topic of boots i think £100+ a pair is pessimistic.I think they are nearer £300 a pair and if a Ronaldo or a Messi you could be close to 4 figures a pair.
To be honest at even at £100 a pair i suspect they are out of the range of us poorer collectors but i would love to own just one pair of somebody special

u can have a pair of mine for 2 quid! Laughing

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:07 pm 
Post subject:

He said somebody special Leslie!
Retro Football Fair

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:28 pm 
Post subject:

On behalf of Retro Football Fair I'd like to say thanks to all who came and Gordon & Lee from Westward programmes & NWM Programmes for firstly trusting us due to it being the first and also travelling up to Manchester, you both added an extra dimension to the fair and we'd love to have you guys on board again.

The day itself couldn't have gone any better, we'd estimate over 1000 people through the door on the day, a great selling day for all involved however the general atmosphere was superb with a diverse mix of families, genders and ages all enjoying the fair.

Due to the success of the event we've been asked to put on more events of this nature across the country - we'll start planning them when our sleep patterns have returned back to normal!

if you're on social media please give us a follow to keep update.

Once again thanks to all who made it a success.

Tom - Team Retro Football Fair
Jamesy1926

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:33 pm 
Post subject:

Would love to see one in South Wales.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:24 pm 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
He said somebody special Leslie!

that is correct, but I am much more special than you!

Nod

Laughing

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
NWM Football

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:17 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for accommodating me Tom, highly enjoyable event. Great feel about the day, it seemed to get busier through the afternoon, and some wonderful old items on display and for sale.

Personally, I did a satisfactory amount on programmes etc, and then of course towards the end of the day the professional shirt dealers came in and raided my boxes of shirts and sportswear....which was the general idea ! I shall have to step up the scouring of charity shop over the winter months on a more regular basis to replenish stock !!!

Keep me posted on details for future events, if it's "do-able" for me to get to, would certainly be keen to attend.
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: