Football Programmes Centre

Retro Football Fair MCR - 12th October
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Retro Football Fair MCR - 12th October
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retro Football Fair

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:01 am 
Post subject: Retro Football Fair MCR - 12th October

Morning Guys,

I'm hosting a retro football fair at Sachas Hotel, MCR on Saturday the 12th October (International week) and would love for some of you guys to come down. I don't wish to 'waffle on' so I've provided a brief overview below:

Venue: Sachas Hotel (2mins from Piccadilly and right in the heart of the Northern Quarter) - Tib St, Back Piccadilly, Manchester M4 1SH

*In the function rooms with on street access.

Time: 10.00am - 4.30pm

Entry Fee: FREE

What does the fair include?
So far we have a number of the biggest independent shirt sellers on depop, ebay and the social media scene. We're also expecting classic boot sellers, artists amongst others

We're in talks to get Subbuteo down and also an e-sports tournament.

Currently looking for programme & memorabilia sellers to help diversify the event.

Stall Space
I have a range of table tops & stalls available, however I imagine table tops would be more suitable for programme sellers. Please see below:

1x Table top = £25 - for the full day
2x Table top = £40 - for the full day

Long term I'm hoping to bring the fair to other cities throughout the UK so hope to meet some of you and have you guys involved.

If you have any further questions or want further information please drop me an email on:

[email protected]

or find us on facebook
'Retro Football Fair'
https://www.facebook.com/events/2276927972424828/

Easy

Last edited by Retro Football Fair on Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
se20blue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:13 am 
Post subject:

You obviously know where the fair is being held, but does anyone else without the use of Google ?

Last edited by se20blue on Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:21 am 
Post subject:

Sounds good.

It's this type of diversification that programme fairs desperately need IMO, attracting a different sort of crowd.

Would definitely go if it ventured north of the border.
infoman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:39 pm 
Post subject:

International break weekend suits me fine
Retro Football Fair

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:49 am 
Post subject:

It would be great if it could be listed in 'upcoming fairs'.

How do i go about this?
Retro Football Fair

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:59 pm 
Post subject: ** UPDATE **

** UPDATE **
I'm also pleased to confirm we've just secured press coverage from Number 9 magazine who are new, independent publication who are going to feature the fair - really chuffed with that!

We're also in talks with Beer52 and have secured a partnership with an esports company from Manchester to provide us with FIFA on the day which is also a big coup.
[/b]
NWM Football

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:40 pm 
Post subject:

Pleased to confirm NWM Football will be attending !

Any other dealers fancy giving this a try ???
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
Retro Football Fair

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:15 pm 
Post subject:

Delighted with the response from the programme and kitster community!

We have 2-3 spaces left for what will be a fantastic, worthwhile event in the heart of the city.

With tables at £15 each for 6 and a half hours worth of trading...it's cracking value.
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:53 pm 
Post subject:

I am pleased to confirm that I shall be standing at the RETRO FOOTBALL FAIR at Sachas Hotel, Tib Street, Back Piccadilly, MANCHESTER, M4 1SH on SATURDAY OCTOBER 12 (10am - 4pm).

As a relatively new dealer, I try to cover all aspects of second-hand programme collecting: Big Matches (Internationals, Finals and Semis); A decent range from virtually all League clubs in England and Scotland plus a few from Ireland (although with a slight bias for West Country clubs as I am based in Plymouth).

I shall also have a wide range of over 400 English and Scottish Non-League Clubs programmes with me, including v League Clubs in the FA Cup and in Friendlies, (again with a slight bias for West Country Clubs); plus a range of Testimonial Matches, Reserve and Youth team programmes and Teamsheets.

Because I travel widely throughout the country attending Fairs, often buying more programmes than I sell, I am constantly replenishing my stock, so collectors often find something on my stand that they are looking for!

If any collectors wish me to bring any specific items to this Fair, please contact me by email on or (preferably) before Thursday October 10 (as I shall be driving up from Plymouth on the Friday): [email protected]. Or phone 07543-845396.

WILL BE BUYING ON THE DAY: CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL OR PHONE
Retro Football Fair

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:30 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for your kind words, it seems on this forum that the emphasis is ‘towards’ the more established fairs which is understandable however there seems to be a reluctance from the mods/admin to help/assist ‘newer upcoming’ fairs.

Delighted with the feedback from stall holders and the wider football community who are fully on board with us bringing the majority of ‘niche areas’ under one roof (so much so we’ve been asked to run more - winning!).

There’s still 5 tables left to fill for anybody interested, if you wish to come on the day it’s free entry and should be a ruddy good day.

Final request to be added to the upcoming event list? We won’t hold our breath 😂🙈.
se20blue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:24 am 
Post subject:

Final request to be added to the upcoming event list? We won’t hold our breath

Have you contacted pastpirate
Forum Moderator ?
bluejames

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:18 pm 
Post subject:

pm sent Retro.Check your inbox
roughyedz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:22 pm 
Post subject:

se20blue wrote:
You obviously know where the fair is being held, but does anyone else without the use of Google ?

Its easy to find just off Piccadilly Gardens up Oldham Street and first left
se20blue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:42 pm 
Post subject:

roughyedz wrote:
se20blue wrote:

Its easy to find just off Piccadilly Gardens up Oldham Street and first left

Originally the correct address was not given,this has now been corrected as can be seen by the edit by OP.
Geordie Ian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:54 pm 
Post subject:

Is there a full list of football programme dealers standing at this event ?
Retro Football Fair

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:07 am 
Post subject:

DM'd
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:47 pm 
Post subject:

Retro Football Fair wrote:
DM'd

How come you have to get a DM to find out the list of dealers attending?.

Why can you simply not post it on here for us all to see?.

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:06 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry, I've only just seen this. In future Retro if you PM me details I will add it to the fairs list. Good luck with it.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
bluejames

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:24 pm 
Post subject:

What a great fair.What a very good day out.Well worth the long drive.There were lots of people interested in shirts happy to talk about their past recollections .I had a good chat with many of them and got lots of photos of old shirt styles that i had long since forgotten about.I might even start putting together an album of photos of old shirts for flickr of old shirts that have caught my attention.
I am not sure what the programme dealers took but they looked a bit quiet in my opinion.Maybe shirts are the collecting of the future.
grantham

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:25 pm 
Post subject:

First Football Shirts ?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: