Football Programmes Centre

Liverpool tickets on E Bay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Liverpool tickets on E Bay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cantona93

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:56 pm 
Post subject: Liverpool tickets on E Bay

Interesting to see a large collection of Liverpool home tickets recently listed on E Bay and if they will sell.

Looks like there are some rare items amongst them but I'm not sure how many Liverpool ticket collectors will be fighting over them. I fancy it will be more likely be some of the away team collectors.
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:27 pm 
Post subject:

The collection was bought off eBay for £5000 buy it now last week
swnydwr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:31 pm 
Post subject:

good luck to the seller ! there may one or two unexpected high-priced ones for 70s ones - but general league tickets from the 80s - cant see them selling at £15 a go
bluejames

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:09 pm 
Post subject:

It is interesting how this community sees ebay and it's buyers.Whatever anybody puts on ebay amything of serious value and it sells,the forum usually finds a high percentage of members who would not pay that amount or can't afford that amount or would not pay that amount if they could afford it.
Just a few collectors come forward and openly admit they would happily pay a large amount if their holy grail appeared.Each to their own i suppose.
se20blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:27 pm 
Post subject:

swnydwr wrote:
good luck to the seller ! there may one or two unexpected high-priced ones for 70s ones - but general league tickets from the 80s - cant see them selling at £15 a go

The seller is on this forum

http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29811
goonerboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:08 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:
It is interesting how this community sees ebay and it's buyers.Whatever anybody puts on ebay amything of serious value and it sells,the forum usually finds a high percentage of members who would not pay that amount or can't afford that amount or would not pay that amount if they could afford it.
Just a few collectors come forward and openly admit they would happily pay a large amount if their holy grail appeared.Each to their own i suppose.

Thats not quite true because in this instance there have been a number of liverpool tickets from 1970s on ebay going round and round unsold at £3 or £4 for at least a year so then seeing the tickets from the same matches being listed at £10-15 would seem unlikely to sell. However that does not detract from some of the others which are more sought after and have already sold for decent money. There is a difference between paying a large amount for one of your holy grail items vs paying large amounts for items seen on ebay regularly for a fraction of the price.
bluejames

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:19 pm 
Post subject:

But it still boils down to the same thing which is why do forum members feel obliged to comment,in a derogatory manner or a suggestion of ridicule, on things they either can't afford or don't want themselves.
The buyer has a choice on what the most he will pay and the seller has a choice on what the least they will accept and that's the end of it.It is non of the business of anybody else
kenners46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:25 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:
But it still boils down to the same thing which is why do forum members feel obliged to comment,in a derogatory manner or a suggestion of ridicule, on things they either can't afford or don't want themselves.
The buyer has a choice on what the most he will pay and the seller has a choice on what the least they will accept and that's the end of it.It is non of the business of anybody else

Sorry, what derogatory remarks
Paul Johnson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:27 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:

This is a forum that helps people and collectors alike. If I overpriced or under priced something and someone with a better knowledge of that item gives out advice then what harm is it doing?
We don't know the value of everything so if the seller lowered his price then he might get a sale rather than them going unsold for months on end.
bluejames

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:28 am 
Post subject:

kenners46 wrote:
bluejames wrote:

Sorry, what derogatory remarks

On this one, the hinted at derogatory remark of "good luck to the seller" by swnydwr who then goes on to say that "he can't see then selling at £15 a go"
The point i was making is that it was nobody's business but the buyer and the seller and as they are possibly both on this forum why comment when an opinion has not been requested.
That was the same as a similar post about whether a programme was worth £1000 which turned out to be a fact that the OP couldn't afford £1000 as he was now a pensioner.Everybody has his own money,his own requirements and his own positions.It is nothing to do with anybody else unless help and/or an opinion is requested
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:18 am 
Post subject:

This is a forum for members to comment as they so choose, as long as they stay within the rules. You can ignore the comments or respond, that's how forums work.

If you want to call out overpriced items on ebay then feel free. There isn't a forum rule on that, probably because we have nothing to do with ebay. It's little different from calling out clubs on charging too much for programmes, or not doing programmes at all.
swnydwr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:35 pm 
Post subject:

Hi

Just to be clear I have dealt with the seller, who is an excellent seller on and off ebay previously. I would actually recommend the seller. I disagree with some prices based off the fact that I collect Liverpool tickets and have in general got a good head for the prices. There was no malice in my comments. I have since been in touch with the seller and there is no bad blood.

Cheers John
foyle loyal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:02 pm 
Post subject:

being a ticket collector myself with a fairly extensive collection,its all about condition,if its unused etc,im constantly upgrading tickets if i can get them and selling the old ones on,i would have no issue at all paying a little more for qaulity but i would certainly be looking for qaulity for a bigger price
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: