Football Programmes Centre

RADIO COMMENTARY ON EUROPEAN FINAL
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RADIO COMMENTARY ON EUROPEAN FINAL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaudog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:04 pm 
Post subject: RADIO COMMENTARY ON EUROPEAN FINAL

Having been away for a few days and not having the luxury of a television I listened to the game on saturday and was impressed by the energy of the commentary. How we relied on radio commentary before television became so popular. Who is your favourite commentater ? Someone who could paint a picture and you could close your eyes. John Arlott ? you will have your own thoughts.
holtie96

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:13 pm 
Post subject: RAdio

That’s an easy answer for me!
I adored the voice of Peter Jones he could create such a picture and I would spend my evenings listening to European cup matches as no luxury of tv coverage back in the day. His voice still gives me goosebumps and fond memories of loving football as a kid.
Quite simply the man is a legend.
grantham

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:41 pm 
Post subject:

Given the option, I tend to watch the game live, but listen to the game on the radio, given Saturday's option of listening to the TV comments of Jermaine Jenas, I'm glad I opted for the mute option, although Chris Sutton is a painful listen as well
Five and In

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:39 am 
Post subject: RADIO COMMENTARY ON EUROPEAN FINAL

Back in the late 80's when I still lived in London, Capital Gold Radio introduced a new commentator to the fold that was different to the rest.
His name was Jonathan Pearce.

Whatever London club he was sent to commentate on, he did it as though he was a true fan of that club, excitedly screaming and shouting like any fan would have done when watching their club, while sounding distraught if the non London side scored.
He came across as more of a Brazilian style "goooooaaaalllllll" commentator, than what we had previously and personally, I thought he was top class.

Somewhere along the way, he got snapped up by Match of the Day and for me, I'd rather turn the sound down now as it doesn't work on the telly.
mark01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:28 pm 
Post subject:

Yeah back in the day Jonathan used to have a column in the Bristol Rovers programme, although he says he's a City fan.

Things move on and he doesn't get too much airtime now.

Although, I must admit he knows his stuff on the women's game, and I look forward to his commentaries on the Women's world cup games in France.

regards, Mark
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:32 pm 
Post subject:

Living in North West England, We've been sploit for choice on radio commenators. We had the excellent Clive Tyldesley Graham Beecroft Kevin Keating Gary Blum and Richard Jardine along with Phil Easton who were all part of the late 70s and 80s on Radio City Liverpool. Elton Wellsby Roger Davies Beecroft again all on Radio Merseyside. Then we get into Radio Manchester Andy Buckley Ian Cheeseman Roger Johnson all led brilliantly by the superb Jimmy Wagg. Oh yes over the years I've been sploit living in North West for football commentators. Apologies to any who I've forgotten there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: