Football Programmes Centre

Congratulations the Villa.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Congratulations the Villa.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thedoog10

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:58 am 
Post subject: Congratulations the Villa.

Congratulations to Aston Villa on premonition, always one of my favourite programmes from the sixties, back were Thay belong.
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:01 pm 
Post subject:

Best Play-Off game for a while and felt sorry for Kelle Roos who did a good job on loan for the greens in our mad promotion chase when we spat goalies out week after week.

No chance with the first and horrible mistake for the second.

Credit Derby with there fightback...Marriott looks a lot lighter and faster than when he was at league 1 level....and he didn't even get the goal.....

Also I enjoyed Charlton keeping Sunderland down....an ex Argyle scorer in Purrington, bittersweet as he now has to go back to Rotherham. And serves those Black Cats right for the lazy performance at Southend that contributed to us going down....that's not rational but then neither is following Argyle!

I also thought I would dislike Lyle Taylor more than I could bring myself to....but he came across really well and he looks like he could well play Championship and maybe higher.

Newport I felt were so unlucky...although Matts dive was embarrassing, and the Tranmere goalies save was impressive from him....still we might get to see him back at Home Park next season where he will be bound to score!
NeilP

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:18 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, well done Villa, they've had a great last 3 months under Dean Smith.

I think John McGinn is destined to be a star in the Premier League, Villa didn't half get a bargain when they signed him from Hibs for less than £3m. Hopefully we have some "add ons" based on future appearances/transfers. Smile
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:30 pm 
Post subject:

I can confirm that the range of emotions between 26 May 2018 and 27 May 2019 is absolute polar opposites.

I suspect that last years' defeat will be seen as a blessing in hindsight as it ultimately led to the end of both the man who gambled Villa's existence on one match and also the Bruceasaurus who did well to steady the club when he first arrived but who seemed paralysed by the fear of defeat by the time that he left.

What a day. Now is the time for Messrs Edens and Sawiris to put into effect the next stage of the plan.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: