Football Programmes Centre

Help please re issue with European buyer
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Help please re issue with European buyer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holtie96

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:18 pm 
Post subject: Help please re issue with European buyer

I hope someone can help.
I sold 2 expensive items to a German buyer and sent European tracked and signed for.
The buyer said the programme (one of the items) wasn’t there.
When I said it definitely is he said I quote
There is a information from GLS on the package that it was opened and there is something missing inside!
He is immediately demanding his money back, the tracking states item signed for and delivered.
Where do I stand please? Do I have to claim or does the buyer?
I have never had a problem and it was really well packaged.
Help!!!!
holtie96

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:38 pm 
Post subject: eBay

To make matters worse a dispute claim has been opened for a not received item and everything is in German so I don’t know what to respond to.
martino

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:10 pm 
Post subject:

If you do end up refunding the buyer and if you sent it tracked and signed for then get a claim form from the Post Office.

I did it recently when a delivery to USA went astray. It took a while but I got a full refund from them.
bluejames

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:11 pm 
Post subject:

on the assumption you are talking about an ebay transaction i think you will find you are buggered.The fact that it is in Germany is irrelevant to ebay.You have sent an item,nobody will deny that.He has received a package.Nobody will deny that either
He says something is missing and to be honest you can't prove it isn't especially as he tells you he has had notice it has even been reported as opened by GLS.He has now opened a dispute and i think you will find the money is locked out of your account until you prove a negative which you never can.Your claim is with the shipper you used.I hope you paid for insured shipping to cover the value
holtie96

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:27 pm 

Many thanks for your replies
All rather strange to say the least and I feel helpless!
Surely the tracking should state it was tampered with assuming the buyer is honest
Also post office want recipients email address but eBay doesn’t allow this
I assume I should just take the hit albeit £165 and yes it was insured but not sure how much luck I will have when my tracking states it has been signed for!
Surprise surprise the buyer has lodged complaint but won’t answer my messages
bluejames

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:25 pm 
Post subject:

i would contact ebay and make them make a decision rather than let the buyer just run the case.You are correct that if the parcel was tampered with the delivery company is obliged to put a label on and you as the person being claimed against have a right to see it.Tell that to ebay/paypal and insist on it.
Tell ebay you are being ignored by the buyer and as your questions are reasonable demand that ebay ask on your behalf.
If they won't help still tell them you are prepared to take the hit but will be emptying out your paypal account and won't be paying them without your day in court.That might frighten them
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:23 pm 
Post subject:

This is why I use the Global shipping process when opening up an item to folks outside the USA if I even bother offering an option outside the U.S. It costs the buyer more and definitely reduces the number of potential buyers as such but after I get it to Kentucky, it’s not my problem anymore.

Been burned too many times.
kenners46

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:19 pm 
Post subject:

Who are GLS and how would they know that something was missing if there was one item still in the envelope...I think you need to get the buyer to send you back the envelope so you can at least claim your money back via royal mail
holtie96

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:58 pm 
Post subject: Prog

Don’t want to labour the point but looks like I’m going to miss out with this, buyer has gone quiet and not responding to correspondence although language barrier doesn’t help.
If the buyer refuses to send me any information I will lose out as eBay will just side with the buyer.
The reason I am posting is to warn anyone considering sending valuable items to Germany to not use tracked and signed via the post office as it goes through a company called GLS and looking at reviews they get 83% costumer disatisfaction, God knows why the post office use them. Research shows that tracked is the better option as goes through the German postal system.
A rather costly £175 mistake on my part! Lessons learned....
Jamesy1926

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:55 am 
Post subject:

Could you not ask the buyer to send you a photo of the opened envelope with the note from GLS that it had been opened?
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:18 am 
Post subject:

Surely if it is tracked and signed then it is also insured with the Royal Mail? In which case, if the money is refunded to the buyer by eBay, submit a claim using the eBay correspondence as evidence if the buyer has stopped responding to you.
martino

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:32 am 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
Surely if it is tracked and signed then it is also insured with the Royal Mail? In which case, if the money is refunded to the buyer by eBay, submit a claim using the eBay correspondence as evidence if the buyer has stopped responding to you.

Agreed. The claim I made was for an item that went missing in the U S Postal Service but Royal Mail paid me out. Your contract is with the Royal Mail regardless of what they do with it. As I said in my earlier post it took a while but I received a full refund.
holtie96

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 am 
Post subject: POst

Thanks again
The problem is the buyer has stopped corresponding and the mail company have said the package was signed for
bluejames

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:39 pm 
Post subject:

On the assumption that paypal have frozen some money out of your account then contact both ebay and paypal,as they are one and the same, and explain that you are trying to help but the buyer has stopped talking to you and as a result you cannot claim back your money.
Explain that he has told you in the past that the envelope was noted as being damaged but is refusing to provide you of that evidence.The lack of evidence and the silence implies to you a con artist, and you would like your money unfrozen and the buyer to be banned.Go on the attack as you have done nothing wrong.I wouldn't accept that sort of hit so quietly
Five and In

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:51 pm 
Post subject: Help please re issue with European buyer

I agree with the other guys.
Your contract is with the Royal Mail and you should contact them after you have spoken to both Paypal and Ebay.

I had a similar issue a couple of years ago and Ebay themselves refunded me fully as they knew something was dodgy with the buyer and I was kicking up quite a stink about it at the time, although the value was about half of what yours is.

Good luck.....don't let the bad guys win.
grantham

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:44 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:
both ebay and paypal,as they are one and the same,

No longer true, they separated in 2014 and Paypal is once again it's own trading company, with an agreement to offer payment services to ebay until 2020
bluejames

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:55 pm 
Post subject:

That might be the legal position but it's the same as Corals and Ladbrookes.Same deal,like twins but two totally separate legal companies.Trust me if you don't pay either ebay or paypal they will both ban you.
holtie96

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:02 pm 

You guys have been amazing thanks
As I have never had to do this before what’s the contact for eBay or PayPal is it the USA number? Or is there an email address?
Thank you
Five and In

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:38 pm 
Post subject: Re: eBay

holtie96 wrote:
You guys have been amazing thanks
As I have never had to do this before what’s the contact for eBay or PayPal is it the USA number? Or is there an email address?
Thank you

Try 0345 355 3229 for Ebay and 0800 358 7911 for Paypal
Good luck Holtie
holtie96

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 pm 

Cheers!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: