Football Programmes Centre

Predictor League Next Season - Announcement
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Predictor League Next Season - Announcement

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> The FPC Predictor League 2018-19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:48 pm 
Post subject: Predictor League Next Season - Announcement

Hi everyone,

It wont have escaped your notice that I've not been on the ball as much this season as I should have with regards to this season's Predictor League.

I have not been able to do statistical analysis or match reports or even up to date league tables, which is the least everyone should expect, as I used to and I can only apologize for that.

Due to increased Junior football commitments, the never ending Quest for the 92, and as well as continuing to update daily the Flickr site to not only incorporate my United Collection but Macca's one per team and One per day collction as well as boring stuff like work and life in general. I think its the right time for me to step aside next season and allow somebody else to offer their services.

A fresh impetus to the format or style of the competition wouldn't be a bad thing.

Since taking over from Toffee Dan and Barret and merging their competitions and tweaking one or two things per season, I've reight'enjoyed it but I thought I'd give everyone the heads up, so to allow anyone interested to volunteer their services and to start planning for next seasons competition.

Hope everyone understands and I thank all those who have participated over the last few years in the League and Cup Competitions

PS: I do update the tables every monday but due to lack of time and a adequate scanner at home, I don't seem to find time. Again sorry.

There are 2 rounds left before the play-offs. I will get them up tomorrow night, again after Football training....along with this weekends fixtures and Cup update.

Many thanks Sharrow
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Flackwell Lad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:06 am 
Post subject:

I know it's not an easy thing to do Sharrow, I used to run something very similar here in Oz and never seemed to have enough time to do all the marking and update tables etc. Just like to say thanks and let you know you did a top job.

Regards Mick
Five and In

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:46 am 
Post subject: Predictor League Next Season - Announcement

Firstly, I would like to say a massive thank you to Sharrow for all his efforts over the last few years regarding the Predictor League Clap

From personal experience, I know that it's a huge task updating results, tables etc and very time consuming, so I understand why he feels it is time to step down at the top of his game, rather than turning it into an Arsene Wenger type situation Laughing

The Predictor League is part of the football week for many of us and if nobody else has a burning desire to take over the baton for next season, I would be more than happy to run the league when Sharrow steps down.
martino

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:15 pm 
Post subject: Re: Predictor League Next Season - Announcement

[quote="Five and In"]Firstly, I would like to say a massive thank you to Sharrow for all his efforts over the last few years regarding the Predictor League Clap: /quote]

And from me as well; thanks Sharrow.
atletico

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:25 pm 
Post subject:

I used to run a fantasy football league at work many years ago.
It was hard work and took a lot of my time.
Thanks Sharrow for all your hard work.
coolascustard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:12 am 
Post subject:

Thanks for your time and effort.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:49 pm 
Post subject:

So glad I have managed to log in. Have wanted to say thanks to you for days now Sharrow.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Karb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:17 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for your sterling efforts Sharrow.

I'm happy to help out if one or more poster(s) wants to take it on as a joint effort next season, but I couldn't commit to doing the whole thing. It's hard enough to remember to post my own predictions sometimes!
pompeygazz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:05 am 
Post subject:

Yeah, well done Sharrow, have enjoyed all the half seasons that I've been involved in
Laughing
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:56 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Everyone, many thanks for the kind words regarding the prediction League.

Congratulations to Gresty the Lion, this year's grand champion and CNOSBU for winning the cup, and thanks to everyone who took part.

Its time for me to step aside and yet somebody else take up the mantle of organizer. I know 1 or 2 have expressed some interest. If you do want to do it then let Jamie (Pastpirate) know

All the best, Regards Sharrowblade
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> The FPC Predictor League 2018-19 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: