Football Programmes Centre

Anglo-Italian Cup Help Required
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anglo-Italian Cup Help Required

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamesy1926

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:01 pm 
Post subject: Anglo-Italian Cup Help Required

I have been checking my records recently and it appears that three Welsh Clubs participated in the Anglo-Italian Cup:

Bangor City in 1978
Bridgend Town in 1981
Merthyr Tydfil in 1986

Is anyone aware of any programmes or tournament brochures issued for any of the above?
Grumpypants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:32 pm 
Post subject:

The Anglo Italian Cup game Bangor v Treviso did produce a programme. It was played on 25 March 1978. Sorry that I can't help you with the other games mentioned.
sbs1trg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:41 pm 
Post subject:

I’ve been researching the Anglo-Italian Cup for a couple of articles - and was amazed to find that a World Cup winning coach Marcello Lippi was in charge of Pontedera when that whacked Merthyr 6-1 in 1986!

Link to the article in question below in case anyone is interested: https://calcioengland.wordpress.com/2019/09/07/the-farcical-mismatches-of-the-anglo-italian-cup-the-semi-professional-years-1976-86/
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: