Football Programmes Centre

USA v England May 27,1964
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
USA v England May 27,1964

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baltimore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:00 pm 
Post subject: USA v England May 27,1964

This is not your every day friendly!

Result ; USA 0 England 10 ( TEN) at Downing Stadium, Randalls Island,New York City, USA.

The attendance was 5.062

How many programmes were sold? How many exist?

Whats it worth?

[img]
[/img]
BGRed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:55 pm 
Post subject:

Hi

I purchased this programme at Sportingold late last year for an American friend of mine. The item was in excellent condition and it sold for around £120-130 from memory (sorry I don’t have my notes with me as I’m away) plus commission.

There is another one of these on eBay see link below - I’m sure when I last looked it was priced over £900 but seems to have dropped in price

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extremely-Rare-1964-USA-V-England-Match-Programme/113400053838?hash=item1a672b804e:g:aboAAOSwRbJb0wVW

Another copy sold in March on eBay for £140

See https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1964-USA-ENGLAND-MATCH-PROGRAMME-FROM-NEW-YORK-CITY-FRIENDLY/264215377921?hash=item3d8476b801:g:KVwAAOSwR2ZcdWu~#vi__app-cvip-panel

Hope this helps answer one part of your three part question
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:29 am 
Post subject:

These normally go circa £75-125 on eBay and a bit more at auctions such as Sportingold but depends on condition.

Generally they do seem to turn up fairly often and aren’t overly difficult to obtain. The 1953 & 1959 USA v England Friendly match programmes sell for quite a bit more and are harder to obtain.
Baltimore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:27 pm 
Post subject:

Apologies for a belated response, I would like to blame it on the IT issues, but I was down to me really.

I think from this I overpaid for my copy. You win some you lose sum!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: