Football Programmes Centre

Flickr Today
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Flickr Today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:43 pm 
Post subject: Flickr Today

I always check flickr in the morning to see if any "traffic" and not much as it tends to be at night, kind of get an average of about 100k views a month.

Anyway, in an idle moment about 30 mins ago-I checked it and did a double take, it has hit just over 32,000 up to now, so I checked to see if any one or a number of items had received massive viewing, but no it was over 95% off all the items uploaded so far and there is still 8 hours of this day to go!, but I would be very surprised if there was any other spike like this and I suspect it will be quite minimal now but that is one helluvajump!

Wave

It's all below if want to look, some new bits added recently and more to come during this week from Pre-War to the late 1990's.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
andy1966

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:07 pm 
Post subject:

I have noticed a spike today, nowhere near your 32000 Leslie, but nearly 4000 in a day is a big number for my site. It does happen from time to time, not sure where these stats come from, not sure if I trust them.

Still nearing a milestone for me, nearly 925,000 views so closing in on the million!
andy1966

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:20 pm 
Post subject:

Had a spike of over 13000 on the 24th Feb too. Did you have a spike on that day?
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:26 pm 
Post subject:

andy1966 wrote:
Had a spike of over 13000 on the 24th Feb too. Did you have a spike on that day?

I cannot go back that far only to the 19th Feb so I cannot say, but there were high views on the 21st Feb, 4th March and today 18th-no real pattern tho.

Getting close to a Million views is some achievement for sure!, exploit whatever forms of social media you feel is necessary to get the viewing figures up to a wider audience. I hardly use FB but others do who are very active.

Wave

[You know where I am if you need me for anything]-spent some time with a friend of yours recently marvelling at some of his non programme items re your club.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
andy1966

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:41 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Leslie, I think I know who you were with, its a great collection he has, I was there recently.

When the club and the Liverpool Library are calling on him for memorabilia thats a collection. A top bloke as well

Andy
andy1966

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:12 pm 
Post subject:

Anyone seen their views on Flickr drop? I was closing in on a million and now less than 900,000. Lost about 60000 views, Thye have been doing some updates.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:05 pm 
Post subject:

andy1966 wrote:
Anyone seen their views on Flickr drop? I was closing in on a million and now less than 900,000. Lost about 60000 views, Thye have been doing some updates.

Yes Andy, you are not alone, I've lost 300,000 down from 2.9 million to 2.6.

It also appears to be a lot slower uploading images.

Love maintenance updates......
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:00 pm 
Post subject:

If you ever checked your "About" section you may have noticed that the overall figures did not match the views you were getting by as much as 5 to 7% at least.

Up to a few days ago BEFORE they went off line for 24 hours[saying it will only be 12 hours] I had viewing stats of 13.3 Million and my "About" figure was around 12.6 Million so a disparity of 700,000.

Today, my new viewing total figure is 12.6 Million[ the "About is down to 12 million].

It is not so important but the individual viewing figures have not changed, so if I had the time, patience and the inclination to add 15,844 items up[which I have not!] it will show the true figure.

Of course Flickr has split from Yahoo but no doubt everyone will be affected, so we shall have to wait and see what the other millions have to say!.

Wave

JUST BEEN ON THEIR SITE TO SEE ABOUT OTHERS, SOME HAVE LOST 27 MILLION!, 20 MILLION-Chaos but were not alone!

Rocky

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:29 pm 
Post subject:

Slightly off piste, but in November, people who had a Flickr account were notified that

'If you’re a Flickr free member who already has over 1,000 photos in your account, you have until January 8th, 2019, to download photos over the 1,000 limit. After that date, you will no longer be able to upload new photos to Flickr. And after February 5th, 2019, Flickr will begin deleting files that are over your 1,000 photo/video limit, starting from oldest to newest, until your account contains only 1,000 files'.

I know that the February 5th deadline was extended but would anybody know if the recent and continuing updates will implement the 1,000 photo/video limit?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:12 pm 
Post subject:

Rocky wrote:
Slightly off piste, but in November, people who had a Flickr account were notified that

'If you’re a Flickr free member who already has over 1,000 photos in your account, you have until January 8th, 2019, to download photos over the 1,000 limit. After that date, you will no longer be able to upload new photos to Flickr. And after February 5th, 2019, Flickr will begin deleting files that are over your 1,000 photo/video limit, starting from oldest to newest, until your account contains only 1,000 files'.

I know that the February 5th deadline was extended but would anybody know if the recent and continuing updates will implement the 1,000 photo/video limit?

Visit the Help page and pose your question, this is now a new owner of the site, Yahoo has gone. It may make no difference but at least you can ask. Wave

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: