Football Programmes Centre

2012 London Olympics
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2012 London Olympics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seand

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:37 pm 
Post subject: 2012 London Olympics

Were there programmes or teamsheets or anything available for individual football matches at the 2012 Olympics? And was there a football specific official brochure/programme?

I know there was a glossy daily magazine with a brief overview of what was going on in all sports, but was wondering if there was anything else.
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:15 pm 
Post subject:

There was a Football programme/brochure for the whole tournament

There was also a general Olympic programme for the whole month (with about 1 page about football)

ebay suggests there were also 3 x Team GB football programmes, each one covering both a mens and a womens match:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OLYMPIC-GAMES-LONDON-2012-FULL-SET-TEAM-GB-OFFICIAL-FOOTBALL-PROGRAMMES/230847159862?hash=item35bf901e36:g:E9AAAMXQXQxRZY5p

Team GB Men v Senegal / Team GB Women v New Zealand

Team GB Men v UAE / Team GB Women v Cameroon

Team GB Men v Uruguay / Team GB Women v Brazil
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:22 pm 
Post subject:

Individual Programmes only for the Great Britain matches.

There is a specific programme that covered the whole of the tournament (see below)

I went to the Quarter final between Brazil and Honduras at St James Park and I don't recall seeing any official team sheets. Its one of the few games I never managed to get anything (except the programme). Even afterwards online from the official Fifa site.

Come to think of it I have never seen any team sheets from any of the games from the 2012 olympics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Kvaratschelia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:33 pm 
Post subject:

There were certainly teamsheets for all the football matches (as there would have been for every Olympic Games event) in 2012. I was working at Hampden Park during the tournament and have a teamsheet for each of the eight games played there.

They were distributed in the Media Centre (where I was), and presumably to hospitality areas, but this must have been the last tournament where they were not distributed online.

All the end-of-match stats are on the FIFA website: https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/mensolympic/london2012/matches/index.html but annoyingly they don't post the starting lineups.
seand

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:41 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers. It seems teansheets were not available to the general public
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: