Football Programmes Centre

England away ticket 1990
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
England away ticket 1990

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ITFC_Simon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:15 am 
Post subject: England away ticket 1990

Got a huge collection of England tickets which I will eventually get rtound to listing and selling but a few of em I am not sure what they are, I am guessing Tunisia 2nd June 1990 but I am not sure, anyone any ideas?

colchestersid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:57 pm 
Post subject:

It is a ticket from Georgia so may be Soviet Union v England in March 1986. I'll check against my ticket from that game when I get home. It definitely isn't the Georgia v England game from 1996 as I was at that one
ITFC_Simon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:29 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks very much, all help is greatly appreciated - there are a few more here I'm afraid!

overlap

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:33 pm 
Post subject:

The one with the Euro 2000 logo is Bulgaria away in 1999.

The top one is Greece away in 2001.
ITFC_Simon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:35 pm 
Post subject:

overlap wrote:
The one with the Euro 2000 logo is Bulgaria away in 1999.

The top one is Greece away in 2001.

Thanks a lot.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:27 pm 
Post subject:

Should be able to answer all these later, some U21 games in the pictures which I would have gone to as well
colchestersid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:42 pm 
Post subject:

ITFC_Simon wrote:
Thanks very much, all help is greatly appreciated - there are a few more here I'm afraid!

1. Greece v England 2001, possibly a press ticket
2. Bulgaria v England 1999
3. Bulgaria U21 v England U21 1999
4. The writing is Georgian so possibly Georgia U21 v England U21 in Batumi, Georgia, 1996? I was due to go to this one but my flight got stuck in fog in Istanbul
ITFC_Simon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:29 pm 
Post subject:

colchestersid wrote:

4. The writing is Georgian so possibly Georgia U21 v England U21 in Batumi, Georgia, 1996? I was due to go to this one but my flight got stuck in fog in Istanbul

That is a great help, cheers. Any further info on the one at the top of this thread?

thank you.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:08 pm 
Post subject:

ITFC_Simon wrote:
colchestersid wrote:

That is a great help, cheers. Any further info on the one at the top of this thread?

thank you.

I don't think it is from the England game in 1996, tickets for that one were much more modern in appearance. I also don't think it is from the USSR v England game in 1986 - my ticket looks completely different and crucially there is no Russian script on the one you have pictured, that wouldn't have happened until Georgian independence in 1990. It is definitely the Lenin Dinamo Stadium in Tbilisi - possible significance is that the only date I can see on the ticket is 1990 which was the year Georgian clubs left the Soviet league system and formed the Georgian National Championship.

My guess then is a Georgian domestic ticket from early 1990s
Crusader66

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:06 pm 
Post subject:

colchestersid wrote:
ITFC_Simon wrote:
colchestersid wrote:

thank you.

I don't think it is from the England game in 1996, tickets for that one were much more modern in appearance. I also don't think it is from the USSR v England game in 1986 - my ticket looks completely different and crucially there is no Russian script on the one you have pictured, that wouldn't have happened until Georgian independence in 1990. It is definitely the Lenin Dinamo Stadium in Tbilisi - possible significance is that the only date I can see on the ticket is 1990 which was the year Georgian clubs left the Soviet league system and formed the Georgian National Championship.

My guess then is a Georgian domestic ticket from early 1990s

Agree with Sid on these. I had the Georgian ticket in that style some years back. Verified locally as a domestic game. This is the 86 USSR v England ticket played in Tblisi.

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: