Football Programmes Centre

Negative Feedback on eBay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Negative Feedback on eBay
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daiward

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:05 pm 
Post subject: Negative Feedback on eBay

Is it not time to challenge eBay on their insistence of allowing negative feedback left for sellers without right of reply? Whilst the buyer is allowed to say what they like and leave all kinds of negativity, including insults that normally in the past would have had us all in a rage. Why do we accept it?

Having been in our hobby for over 60 years now and quite frankly find eBay feedback an insult to any of us who like me before revered a perfect market place full of honest dealers. Especially in those early days of Sports Programmes with Roy & Tony (sadly missed, bless him).

Something went seriously wrong when eBay turned up.
Footyfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:47 pm 
Post subject:

I quite agree.I had a oerfect 100% feedback, treating buyers as I would expect to be treated myself until one individual left Negative Feedback saying his item had not arrived. He did not have the common courtesy to contact me beforehand, I had the Proof of Posting chit, and EBay did not bother to check if he had contacted me first.
With no right of reply there was nothing I could do.
Except stop selling through EBay, just not worth the hassle,
Five and In

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:54 pm 
Post subject: Negative Feedback on eBay

daiward - Is it not time to challenge eBay on their insistence of allowing negative feedback left for sellers without right of reply? Whilst the buyer is allowed to say what they like and leave all kinds of negativity, including insults that normally in the past would have had us all in a rage. Why do we accept it?

Footyfan - one individual left Negative Feedback saying his item had not arrived. He did not have the common courtesy to contact me beforehand, I had the Proof of Posting chit, and EBay did not bother to check if he had contacted me first.
With no right of reply there was nothing I could do.

daiward & FootyFan -
If you phone Ebay up regarding these issues, they should be able to help by removing the negative feedback left to you both.
They will immediately take down any abusive feedback left without any questions as they don't allow it. The only reason it stays on accounts is when no complaint is made that brings it to their attention, they don't notice it in most cases.

Regarding the lost in post item, if you speak to Ebay, they will request that you supply proof of postage. Once that is done they will remove the negative comment as they will have seen that is clearly not your fault.

From personal experience in both matters, the key is in making the phone call and actually speaking to Ebay as you can get your point across and discuss if necessary. Sending an E-mail doesn't always get the attention that it should.

Hope this helps and good luck to you both.
daiward

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:26 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the advice Five and In. You may have been able to charm this lot called eBay into removing your negative but any kind of contact I have had with them in the past over this same issue has resulted in zilch. And why should we be chasing them over this anyway. They set up this corrupt feedback system protecting buyers. That is why I think they need to be challenged perhaps by more of us who knew the good old days before this outfit turned up.
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:15 pm 
Post subject: negative feedback

The idea of feedback is so you can see if the person you're dealing with is trustworthy or not. Seems like a good idea to me!
daiward

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:50 pm 
Post subject:

The 'Sorter's' view is everything eBay wants. You might just as well be one of their kind. They introduced this feedback nonsense but are not prepared to deal with it fairly & back a seller in a dispute over negative feedback. That is whilst buyers can do as they like. So sorter how do you know the good guys from the bad? Anyway, I give up on this as no one else on this forum seems to care. Adios.
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:12 pm 

So daiward you're happy to buy from someone who's buying/selling history is unknown to you? They could have ripped lots of people off and you wouldn't even know! I'm no fan of Ebay. They serve a purpose but they make far too much too easily. I sometimes spend up to £200 on programmes on Ebay and I certainly wouldn't hand that type of money over to just anyone. I like to know their trading history. Ebay has many faults and it needs some proper competition.
daiward

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:11 pm 
Post subject:

Hello

I was going away but Sorter you brought me back.

Sorter you are just talking about buyers here and have completely missed the point that sellers are not allowed to give negative feedback to buyers. Is that a fair system? Who will ever know who is buying from a seller without a seller allowed to give proper feedback? But if you are not a seller I think you will not understand what I am on about. Maybe I am too thin skinned to argue this point anymore but eBay have a lot to answer for over their lack of proper monitoring with their feedback system which is so wrong. And the most damning of all I think they just do not care as long as the money keeps running in.
daiward

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:57 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry Sorter to have had to use your comments as furtherance of my complaints. If buyers were allowed to receive negative feedback from eBay sellers what would that mean? I say a fair & equal system where everybody can weigh up the good from the bad. Will it ever happen? I very much doubt it. It appears it is not in eBay’s best interests to diss buyers. But at the same time they encourage people to find something in the attic to sell. So these people are NOT business sellers but ordinary you and I but eBay will allow them to be subjected to all kinds of abuse from rogue and ignorant buyers. Is that right and proper?

But I have been made aware that my views are controversial. I have written books in the same vein. So it is time to shaddup and just observe. No more from me now on this forum.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:47 pm 
Post subject:

daiward wrote:
Sorry Sorter to have had to use your comments as furtherance of my complaints. If buyers were allowed to receive negative feedback from eBay sellers what would that mean? I say a fair & equal system where everybody can weigh up the good from the bad. Will it ever happen? I very much doubt it. It appears it is not in eBay’s best interests to diss buyers. But at the same time they encourage people to find something in the attic to sell. So these people are NOT business sellers but ordinary you and I but eBay will allow them to be subjected to all kinds of abuse from rogue and ignorant buyers. Is that right and proper?

But I have been made aware that my views are controversial. I have written books in the same vein. So it is time to shaddup and just observe. No more from me now on this forum.

I can't remember when it changed but you used to be able to leave negative feedback for buyers. By the same token you could see a buyer's purchase and bidding history, since they did away with that you see more shill bidding & other dodgy practices
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:53 pm 
Post subject:

What a strange thread!
slightfold

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:19 am 
Post subject:

Yes agreed Tynie Topics ! Not surprising though as people who collect bits of paper are a strange breed !!
daiward

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:31 pm 
Post subject:

Sorter you have managed to get me back again.

‘Yes agreed Tynie Topics ! Not surprising though as people who collect bits of paper are a strange breed !!’

Do you count yourself amongst this breed or have you some other afflictions? You not only insult me but hundreds of others who care about this hobby.

And Tynie with your ‘What a strange thread!’ says everything about your views. No surprises there.

I have already noted that the very few have a lot to say on this forum. Fair enough if it makes sense and will protect the rest of us. But this latest shows that is never going to happen.

Last edited by daiward on Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:33 pm 
Post subject:

You need to calm down, both on ebay and here.

Talk about over reacting Confused

Wave
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:34 pm 
Post subject:

slightfold wrote:
Yes agreed Tynie Topics ! Not surprising though as people who collect bits of paper are a strange breed !!

Very Laughing
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:49 pm 

it's only Ebay daiward! Nothing life changing!! Very Happy Laughing
daiward

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:59 pm 
Post subject:

I do not have to say anything else do I?

The pair of them continue to give serious reason to suspect they are eBay oriented.

Why are they so in need of having the last say?

Anyway good fortune to all of us other collectors that are considered as
worthy.

I started this thread off to see just that as a final result.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:23 pm 
Post subject:

Did you start this thread to flush out all those bad people who like eBay?

eBay is the best thing ever to happen to the hobby, blew away the dealer monopoly who controlled prices and supply, and the frankly corrupt offers system. Many dealers have adapted and flourished using eBay, others stick to their old ways. Room for both.

Yes eBay isn't perfect but it's great that we have it and it's not as if it's anything new, it's been around for over 20 years! Have you harboured a grudge for that long?

There are far more important things in life than to moan about eBay feedback.

You were supposed to be done with this place several posts ago, I don't think anyone else is keen to have the last say as you!
daiward

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:20 pm 
Post subject:

No Tynie I did not start this thread to find the bad people as eBay all the same manage to protect them maybe unknowingly. Ebay may have been around that long ago but have they learned anything about our hobby? I think not. The dealers of old some of them good some bad but at least we knew we could talk to them as opposed to this new (20 year old) set up that is too big for its own boots. Yes I harbour a grudge over a concern that shows absolutely no care in its workings unless it is an unsatisfied customer. Watch out sellers in the meantime as you will not be listened to over complaints. Their feedback system is flawed because of it. Get rid of your feedback system if you cannot police it I say.
And Tynie Yes I intended to cease commenting on this forum but you brought me back. I am quite aware you will add more but I will only say this. I am a Hearts fan from a very young age as my mum came from Edinburgh and my cousins took me there to Tynecastle.
Lastly I thank those who sent a PM with support over my previous comments.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:02 pm 
Post subject:

daiward wrote:
No Tynie I did not start this thread to find the bad people as eBay all the same manage to protect them maybe unknowingly. Ebay may have been around that long ago but have they learned anything about our hobby? I think not. The dealers of old some of them good some bad but at least we knew we could talk to them as opposed to this new (20 year old) set up that is too big for its own boots. Yes I harbour a grudge over a concern that shows absolutely no care in its workings unless it is an unsatisfied customer. Watch out sellers in the meantime as you will not be listened to over complaints. Their feedback system is flawed because of it. Get rid of your feedback system if you cannot police it I say.
And Tynie Yes I intended to cease commenting on this forum but you brought me back. I am quite aware you will add more but I will only say this. I am a Hearts fan from a very young age as my mum came from Edinburgh and my cousins took me there to Tynecastle.
Lastly I thank those who sent a PM with support over my previous comments.

I have feedback of over 1,500 (both buying and selling) and 100% rating, never had a bad review (and have never left one) and even if I did, it wouldn't worry me.

eBay is a global auction site, it's not a programme auction site. It caters for people buying and selling absolutely anything, and programmes are a very miniscule part of that, so why would they "learn" anything about our odd little hobby?

Life's too short to get upset about it.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: