Football Programmes Centre

Oxford United two versions
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oxford United two versions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:28 pm 
Post subject: Oxford United two versions

Haven't been on the forum for a while , so apologies if this has already been covered . But i bought a programme at the Oxford v Sunderland and noticed someone had a different cover on their copy. I found out they produce a version for the home fans and one for away fans . Same game but different contents. What a clever idea. Of course more expense for collectors as surely they would require both versions.
Rocky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:29 pm 
Post subject:

Been away far too long Wullie. I never thought I’d ever miss a Sunderland fan.

An innovative idea from Oxford and much better than what Boro did some seasons ago when producing two covers but having the same content. I wonder what the print run is for the away version?

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/august/home-and-away-programmes/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:17 pm 
Post subject:

Is it Oxford United (or Oxford City?) where rare old 40's programmes often go for circa £1000 because there are 2 or 3 fervent collectors all trying to outbid each other?

If it is Oxford Utd, I imagine they are all loving this extra element to their collecting!
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:51 pm 
Post subject:

It was United not City ( Sunderland have not fallen that far..... yet lol) . When some clubs are thinking of scrapping the programme altogether , it's amazing a club are taking the time to produce two for one game to suit both sets of fans. Oddly enough , i was in the home end which had sold out. At half time some seller came over to sell the away version and they were all snapped up quickly. It would be interesting to see how many are produced. Obviously you would expect more home than away.
Wullie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:58 pm 
Post subject:

Maidonian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:25 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
Is it Oxford United (or Oxford City?) where rare old 40's programmes often go for circa £1000 because there are 2 or 3 fervent collectors all trying to outbid each other?

If it is Oxford Utd, I imagine they are all loving this extra element to their collecting!

It is indeed Oxford United as Headington United
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:12 am 
Post subject:

Sorry i misread Dorking . A £6 hit for collectors ( £3 each ) but worth it more than just a rip off two of more covers , same programme.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: