Football Programmes Centre

Leeds Tickets - 1970's
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Leeds Tickets - 1970's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:15 am 
Post subject: Leeds Tickets - 1970's

Can anyone please confirm when Leeds started to use those tickets without the dates necessarily on - like Villa, Arsenal and Man Utd did?

Thanks
Footyfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:26 pm 
Post subject:

Leeds Tickets without dates are quite commom from the late 1970s to circa 1989/90.
However, there is a way of confirming the date by the first 4 digits of the Serial No ,these are the Day & Month the Ticket was sold and printed with the match in question played soon after, for example the following Ticket

This game was played on 25 April 1979 with the Ticket being Sold & Printed on 24 April i.e. 2404 as per the Serial No.

The Half Tickets are harder to date, The date would have been on the portion detached on entry. However, the price can be use to determine the Season, for example using the Season Ticket Renewal Form (insert on the last Home game for each season) information I can date the following Ticket:

The Season is 1981/82.

PM me if you have any specific items and i will try and assist,
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:30 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks - PM sent
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: