Football Programmes Centre

Your collection in 2009
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Your collection in 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crowdedhouse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:00 am 
Post subject: Your Collection in 2009

Hi foxes1,

If you're going along to the MK Dons game, would you pick up a programme for me, that would be great! Very Happy Very Happy

The current record attendance at Sixfields is 7,557 for a Northampton v Manchester City Division 2 game played on 26 Sept 1998. Sixfield Stadium capacity is 7,653 which means it's a tough record to beat (95 or less empty seats!). Ironically, having recently just signed a new 150-year lease on the Sixfields site, Northampton have revealed plans to expand the stadium to a 15,000 all-seater capacity with extensions to the North, East & South stands, the addition of executive boxes to the West stand and the building of a hotel complex behind the South stand. This is a 5-year development due to start Summer 2009.

The all-time record attendance for a 'home' game at Northampton was 24,523 at the old County Ground on 23rd April 1966 for the Division 1 (yes, Premier League!) clash against Fulham. Can't see that ever being broken. Very Happy
foxes1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:57 am 
Post subject:

Hi
I will pick a programme up for you from the MK v Leicester game

Foxes1
foxes1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:01 am 
Post subject: Re: Your Collection in 2009

crowdedhouse wrote:
Hi foxes1,

If you're going along to the MK Dons game, would you pick up a programme for me, that would be great! Very Happy Very Happy

The current record attendance at Sixfields is 7,557 for a Northampton v Manchester City Division 2 game played on 26 Sept 1998. Sixfield Stadium capacity is 7,653 which means it's a tough record to beat (95 or less empty seats!). Ironically, having recently just signed a new 150-year lease on the Sixfields site, Northampton have revealed plans to expand the stadium to a 15,000 all-seater capacity with extensions to the North, East & South stands, the addition of executive boxes to the West stand and the building of a hotel complex behind the South stand. This is a 5-year development due to start Summer 2009.

The all-time record attendance for a 'home' game at Northampton was 24,523 at the old County Ground on 23rd April 1966 for the Division 1 (yes, Premier League!) clash against Fulham. Can't see that ever being broken. Very Happy

Are you still interested in a prog from the MK Dons v Leic game looks like they are expecting an attendance of approx 19000. Cost will be face value plus whatever post/packing will be. Get back to me before tomorrow morning I will be at the game and leaving Leic at 10.45 Sat morning..
Foxes1
crowdedhouse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:26 pm 
Post subject: MK Dons v Leicester

Hi foxes1,

If you could pick up a programme for me that would be great. Have a good day and if you get the 3 points that should almost guarantee Championship footy next season.

Cheers mate ! Cool
crowdedhouse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:28 pm 
Post subject: Your collection in 2009.

Last Years Posting back again,

Well everyone, look back at 2009 - How Did Your Collection get on?

Take a look at your postings in January and did your New Year resolutions come true?

Mine? Well I'm still looking to complete both Post -War record attendance and All-seater record attendance collections. Still havn't added Scottish teams yet as those pesky English programmes still keep appearing and sapping my pocket money. Have started picking up Football League Trophy winning run programmes but unsure whether to continue this theme.

Happy 2010 everyone !!!! Wave
surfinjim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:14 pm 
Post subject:

I didn't post last year, but I've had a fantastic year with my collection.

I set off only back in July needing approximately 60.

I had a brilliant run in September and October finding my wants on Ebay at will and I've got my list down to approximately 20 wants.

Of that 20, I know for sure 8 exist, but there might not be programmes for the others.

If I can find 1 per month in 2010 I'll be well happy.

Jim Thumbs Up

Bolder, Blackhall, Williamson, Smith, Pickering, Hornsby, King, Johnson, McCulloch, Mellor, Curran.

Scorers; Mellor, King, Curran, Smith (pen)

GODS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:35 am 
Post subject:

ToffeeDan wrote:
Still working on my Everton post-war collection

Need 78 homes (18 45-6 FLN, 13 x 46/7, 13 x 47/8, 12 x 48/9, 7 x 49/50 and 10 early 50s. plus 5 FA Cup) - presently I have every first class home game post 1957 (missing 3 from 52-7)

Got 12 out of 78

Then about 120 odd minor games - mostly FA Youth Cup etc, minor games played at Everton. Plus around 100 even more minor games (like Lancs Senior Cup)

The "120 odd" is now 110

Then my 60s away collection: all minor games (Friendlies etc.)

Maybe an odd reserve game from 60s Home or Away.

A few reserve and oddments.. Nothing much purchased

Don't expect to see too many in the near future but you never know!

So, there you have it...
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:53 pm 
Post subject:

1 more today - making it 13/78

1 down 65 to go!
James

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:01 am 
Post subject:

James wrote:
I'm hoping to reduce a few of my collections:

Spurs homes from 50/51 to present 38 needed (although want be able to complete it due to a few of them being over £200 and £300 each, finances just wont stretch that far)
Spurs homes from 46/47 to 49/50 45 needed
Spurs Aways from 57/58 to present 29 needed (Domestic lge and cup)

Spurs homes 50/51 to date 21 (although one is on order Very Happy )
Spurs Homes 46/47 to 49/50 34
Spurs Aways 57/58 to present 25 (16 of these are from this season and last season, which i'll pick up shortly)

Also knocked a lot off my Gills away collection as well, thanks to some of you on this forum Very Happy

Started my British teams homes in Europe Collection properly in late July/August time and not doing too badly with that.
goodysprogs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:53 pm 
Post subject:

Having sold off all my non Boston Utd programmes, roughly 1500, I just concentrated on collecting any Boston programme that i needed.
Decided to only collect pre 2007, none after that as i have no affination to modern day programmes, especially non league ones!

I completed the whole 5 year programme collection from the league,which then drastically made the decision to sell them due to a lack of funds. Luckily they didn't make reserve, went to uni and have left them all in the loft at home.

Not sure what to do this year, as I am currently at uni, i'm not sure what programmes i need, so I am going to collect programmes from pre 1970, as I have only 20 or so. After uni finishes i can start filling in the gaps from pre 2002.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: