Football Programmes Centre

Combined Postage on ebay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Combined Postage on ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cribsie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:15 pm 
Post subject: Combined Postage on ebay

Recently I was top bidder on two postcards from the same seller so was waiting for a single invoice combining the postage. That didn't happen so I went to click 'request total' and was met with something like 'this seller doesn't offer combined postage'. I've paid for both separately but that's over four quid postage for two postcards. Anyone one else had that experience and why would the seller even be given that option?
footballprogrammeseller

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:42 pm 
Post subject:

I have had the same but the seller has refunded me after the items where received
slightfold

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:52 pm 
Post subject:

This occurs quite frequently for me too. Apparently it's to do with Ebay account settings: often the sellers are unaware of this. I message them and that invariably results in the combined postage appearing on the invoice. Maybe even better to contact the seller beforehand. Hope this helps.
daiward

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:14 pm 
Post subject:

Frustrated by yet another bulk sale going west because of this misinformation I have added the following to my listings.

****It has been drawn to our attention that PayPal are informing customers that we as sellers do not offer a postage discount on two or more purchases. We certainly do a generous postage discount on multi-purchase so if you buy what you need do not make any payment but look for 'contact the seller' on the eBay listings page & click on ask the seller a question about postage. It will then show a direct link to us for total postage costs. Thank you****

Our account settings show seller provides postage discounts but eBay are as guilty as PayPal on this issue. I know for certain we have lost other sales through this misinformation. Not good enough eBay. Not good enough PayPal.
cribsie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:28 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the input fellas. I just don't understand why it would be set up like that in the first place.
se20blue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:05 pm 
Post subject:

daiward wrote:
Frustrated by yet another bulk sale going west because of this misinformation I have added the following to my listings.

****It has been drawn to our attention that PayPal are informing customers that we as sellers do not offer a postage discount on two or more purchases. We certainly do a generous postage discount on multi-purchase so if you buy what you need do not make any payment but look for 'contact the seller' on the eBay listings page & click on ask the seller a question about postage. It will then show a direct link to us for total postage costs. Thank you****

Our account settings show seller provides postage discounts but eBay are as guilty as PayPal on this issue. I know for certain we have lost other sales through this misinformation. Not good enough eBay. Not good enough PayPal.

If you go into your Ebay Site preferences and edit "Offer combined payments and postage" to YES that should solve the problem.
Another problem is buyers who ask for a postage discount after paying for
the items, as Slightfold says Maybe even better to contact the seller beforehand.
daiward

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:23 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the call se20blue but my account already shows a YES on that. So why does eBay and especially PayPal ignore it? Next to useless both of them on such matters. Another thing they may not have considered is that we are primarily collectors ourselves and have had the nonsense thrown at us when we have bought more than one item from a seller. At least we know our way around their misinformation but other buyers obviously do not.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: