Football Programmes Centre

Pre war Rugby league Items
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pre war Rugby league Items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:55 pm 
Post subject: Pre war Rugby league Items

I have just listed a small collection of pre war programmes ( couple of wartime/fifties) on ebay, link to one below then you can find my other items for sale

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292872599665

Seller id is psleeman

Mainly Wigan and St Helens with a couple of nice Australian tour matches/Test. Leeds also feature as the away team a couple of times.

Condition across the board not great but generally while folded etc the team lines ups are intact and untouched and given the quality of the paper you can see why not many survive the years!
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:12 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Peter

PM sent to you.

Wave

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
TheSorter!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:20 pm 
Post subject: Pre war

Well considering what you paid for these at auction last week you're making a bloody fortune on them if you sell them all! Shocked
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:29 pm 
Post subject:

Did the Leeds one belong to Jackson Pollock by any chance?
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:37 pm 
Post subject:

It will make up for all the lots I buy where they sit there and don't sell. TBH I took a gamble based on the age....as condition was not great from the photos but I have a tidy few watchers so fingers crossed

Time will tell....

TBH I bought some Rugby Union stuff a while back and whilst they barely washed their faces when they sold the postcards and stamps that came with then made a tidy wee sum...

You win some you lose some...( ask the Rochdale keeper!)
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:48 pm 
Post subject: Pre war Rugby league items

Auchinleckian,, you could have a point there.Pollock did spend some time in Wigan and was known to be a rugby fan Laughing
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:53 pm 
Post subject:

Anyone got a copy of is autograph...I am sure with a a bit of practice Smile
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:25 pm 
Post subject:

Just for completion reasonably happy with sales prices generated....most sold with a couple going a fair bit past my opener....

Still have the JP if anyone wants to make an offer...currently unautographed Smile
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: