Football Programmes Centre

12 grand programme on ebay
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12 grand programme on ebay
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colchestersid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:51 pm 
Post subject: 12 grand programme on ebay

derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:53 pm 
Post subject:

No idea.

I just see the 93.3% rating.....
colchestersid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:00 pm 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:
No idea.

I just see the 93.3% rating.....

...and in the listing he admits it probably is a reprint
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:57 pm 
Post subject:

I was the watcher that told him about the reproduction with a link to Prideofanglia.com to confirm it was not original but he has chosen not too and continue to con Ebay buyers.
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:20 pm 
Post subject:

Messaged the seller again referring him to this discussion and got the following reply

I appreciate this. The winning bidder is also someone who contacted me about it, saying he too thought it may be a reproduction. I have reported the issue to eBay. They suggested I message the bidder, telling him that I am happy to cancel the bid. I have no idea if its genuine or not. So I left it at the £50 starting bid, then this buyer decided to bid what he did. eBay have said for me to leave the auction, but be transparent, which I feel I have. I'm certainly not trying to con anyone!
Thanks again
Sean123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:25 pm 
Post subject:

Hi everyone,
I am the lister here. Please let me be clear. I'm in no way trying to con anyone here. I added the transparent information on the above poster's request as I have no way of knowing its authenticity. There is absolutely nothing on it to suggest its a repro, but I put this note in anyway - for clear transparency. Then the winning bidder put in this extremely high bid - this is someone who also questioned it's authenticity with me. So I ask myself why? Was he trying to get it cheap? Why bid so much now? That's a big risk to take on for something that possibly isn't real.

So I am left more than a little confused. I've made eBay aware of what is going on as I am keen to remain transparent and be fair with everyone. I've even suggested to them that I cancel the auction, but they recommended that I leave it live and get in touch with the high bidder to offer to cancel his bid if he'd like me to. He hasn't responded... yet!

So I have been fair and clear with everyone about this - as you can see.

Hope you guys can now understand my side of this.

Thanks for listening.

S
grantham

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:31 pm 
Post subject:

I guess you got REALLY lucky Get My Coat with 2 people bidding £12k as their first bid, that happens lots on ebay Smile

The fact it happened within 2 minutes of each other 5 days into the auction, nothing iffy about that whatsoever Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:37 pm 
Post subject:

Sean123 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am the lister here. Please let me be clear. I'm in no way trying to con anyone here. I added the transparent information on the above poster's request as I have no way of knowing its authenticity. There is absolutely nothing on it to suggest its a repro, but I put this note in anyway - for clear transparency. Then the winning bidder put in this extremely high bid - this is someone who also questioned it's authenticity with me. So I ask myself why? Was he trying to get it cheap? Why bid so much now? That's a big risk to take on for something that possibly isn't real.

So I am left more than a little confused. I've made eBay aware of what is going on as I am keen to remain transparent and be fair with everyone. I've even suggested to them that I cancel the auction, but they recommended that I leave it live and get in touch with the high bidder to offer to cancel his bid if he'd like me to. He hasn't responded... yet!

Thanks for listening.

S

If you look on the prideofanglia site as advised it will be obvious that it is a reproduction.
Sean123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:37 pm 
Post subject:

I completely agree. It's all very bizarre. Hopefully the bidder will come back to me soon. Smile The first bidder must have bid £12k. I've no idea what this second bidder's highest bid is, but he clearly leads the bidding at £12.1k now. His bid could be £15k for all I know. Shocked
Sean123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:41 pm 
Post subject:

se20blue wrote:
Sean123 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for listening.

S

If you look on the prideofanglia site as advised it will be obvious that it is a reproduction.

I didn't see anything that suggested it was obvious - I may have missed it, but I couldn't see it. I saw there were repros in 1988, of which this program was one, but that doesn't mean this one was too. Apologies if I've ,issed something there.
Leigh Treymaine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:45 pm 
Post subject: IPSWICH

BENT AND MUGS.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:39 am 
Post subject:

I see the listing is still up. Disgraceful.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:28 am 
Post subject:

Does it really matter though, it's probably two blokes having some fun at the seller's expense? If the bids went up withing five minutes of each other then that's exactly what it is I assume. Don't forget, there's no compunction to buy anything that you've bid for on ebay, and ebay can not force you to pay. No
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:10 pm 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian wrote:
Does it really matter though, it's probably two blokes having some fun at the seller's expense? If the bids went up withing five minutes of each other then that's exactly what it is I assume. Don't forget, there's no compunction to buy anything that you've bid for on ebay, and ebay can not force you to pay. No

I agree entirely with your comments. Plus it is in the interests of eBay to let it end as they will, if nothing else, get a £1,200 fee , at least for a while even if the purported buyer does not pay and it will come out of the pocket of the seller.
williebhoy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:50 pm 
Post subject:

Free economy delivery LOL somehow I don't think it will be required
se20blue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:33 pm 
Post subject:

Both bids cancelled within ONE minute
12K to £50 to what a reproduction is worth 0.99p ?
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:15 pm 
Post subject:

Looks like he cancelled the bids himself according to the listing...

Now relisted for a tenner!

Ah well you have to admire the optimism

Peter
Tawman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:51 pm 
Post subject: pafc progs

Is this the same person who agreed to sell me the Plymouth v Portsmouth 1953 golden jubilee issue 2-3 years ago once he'd dug it out but then never bothered replying to me when I contacted him about it subsequently?
Tawman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:52 pm 
Post subject: pafc progs

Is this the same person who agreed to sell me the Plymouth v Portsmouth 1953 golden jubilee issue 2-3 years ago once he'd dug it out but then never bothered replying to me when I contacted him about it subsequently?
Sean123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:35 pm 
Post subject:

Shake Err... No!!!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: