Football Programmes Centre

Sky Sports - we're still waiting for the apology
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sky Sports - we're still waiting for the apology

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:12 pm 
Post subject: Sky Sports - we're still waiting for the apology

Sky Sports - there's thirty thousand people still waiting for an apology over the events of Friday night.

For those of you who don't know, Sky apparently had technical issues as the Last Post was being played on the pitch, which meant that viewers couldn't hear the bugler, because of crowd noise that was on a loop and had mistakenly been played at this poignant moment.

In truth, there wasn't a sound in the ground.

Needless to say it made United and Wednesday fans appear disrespectful, Sky then had ample opportunity to apologize on air during the programme and later on Sky Sports news but chose not to.

Instead they posted a couple of sentences to their twitter account apologizing to their viewers.

Sky have subsequently said sorry privately to both clubs, but not to the supporters who intended the game.

Thanks for that.

It was bad enough not beating the worst Wednesday side in living memory, but to see us both being labelled 'scum' by the likes of Swindon fans (they don't know any words more than four letters
Smile) really was taking the mickey.

Hate to think what Sky would they had done if this had happened before the Manchester Derby.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
se20blue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:40 pm 
Post subject:

That is the problem with Sky they only pay lip service to the EFL but will wipe the backsides of the Premier League.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:58 pm 
Post subject:

se20blue wrote:
That is the problem with Sky they only pay lip service to the EFL but will wipe the backsides of the Premier League.

I am sorry but they DO NOT WIPE THE PL ARSE, they have a tongue permanently located in that area! Laughing

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Fishy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:25 am 
Post subject:

I am sorry but they DO NOT WIPE THE PL ARSE, they have a tongue permanently located in that area! Laughing[/quote]

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
100club

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:00 pm 
Post subject: sky

Welcome to the world of sky !
They turn down the sound at my club of supporters singing/chanting and keep repeating the empty seat agenda when the stadium is buzzing and full.....they are wankers and they don't care.
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:18 pm 
Post subject:

But all you fans of Premier League clubs (and an increasing number in the championship) are happy to cheer/idolise the players bought with the sky money.

Not sure how to spell hypocritical but surely you are biting the hand that feeds you.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:38 am 
Post subject:

Sorry, but what are Premier League/Championship clubs' fans supposed to do to expensive players their teams have acquired?

Wave "Loadsamoney" at them? Barrack them? Hope they fail?

Moving down the scale, do Salford City fans barrack Adam Rooney?

I think not.

We may loathe Sky and Sunday evening kick offs etc but what are we supposed to do about it?
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:50 am 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:

Moving down the scale, do Salford City fans barrack Adam Rooney?

I think not.

I'm sure they don't. But equally important I'm sure they don't slag off the finance backers who provide the dosh to sign Rooney in the first place.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: