Football Programmes Centre

Harold Finch R.I.P.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Harold Finch R.I.P.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Gone, but not forgotten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:16 pm 
Post subject: Harold Finch R.I.P.

I have just been informed that Harold Finch the Crewe Alexandra Club Historian , Life Member of the Club and organiser of the Club Programme Shop has passed away . I have no further details.
Harold was true gentleman very knowledgeable about Crewe and many other things. He used to travel on the team bus to many away matches and not just 1st team matches. Organised programme fairs including their annual eve of FA cup final sale at the programme shop which he ran for many years. A number of years ago he gave me a guided tour of the ground just before a match as he had access to all areas of the ground. He also attended as many Crewe matches as he could including reserves and juniors. If you tried to contact him he was usually out at a match somewhere. He was always willing to help if you needed a Crewe programme or programmes from many other clubs. His shop was always well stocked.
He will be sadly missed.
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:41 am 
Post subject:

Excellent tribute to Harold on the official Crewe site. Also follow the Classic Crewe Alex group on Facebook.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:51 pm 
Post subject:

A true gentleman and had the pleasure of meeting him once.

One of those people who if you mentioned Crewe Alexandra, everybody knew who you were talking about. RIP Harold.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Gone, but not forgotten All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: