Football Programmes Centre

Nice Work If You Can Get It
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Nice Work If You Can Get It

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxes1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:58 pm 
Post subject: Nice Work If You Can Get It

So Richard Scudamore leaves his post as executive of the Premier League in June and Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck wants all Premier League clubs to donate £250,000 as a going away bonus so he will get a 5 million pound pay-off why.

Scudamore earns a basic wage of £900,000-a-year, but his money rockets to near £2.5million-a-year with the bonuses he trousers for negotiating the top flight's multi-billion pound broadcasting deals around the globe.

The money would be better spent being ploughed into grass roots football instead or even given to charity I know I support a Premier League club and have done since the late 1960's but surely enough is enough.
Davee59

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:04 pm 
Post subject:

I heard this on the radio on my way home tonight and thought that I had somehow been whisked forward in time to April Fools Day! If this goes ahead it will be a very sad day for our game.

Totally agree with foxes1 it should be shared amongst teams lower down the pyramid who really need the money, not some fat cat who wants to get even fatter! Shocked
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:35 pm 
Post subject:

Must be "Fake News" surely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:54 pm 
Post subject:

Disgusting if true.
Fishy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:27 am 
Post subject:

If true, let's just hope that Bruce Buck gets told where to shove his idea by
the other Chairmen in the PL.

I hope that the flying pig that just went past my window is soon deflated.
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
foxes1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:45 pm 
Post subject:

Well the clubs voted in favour of giving him a 5 million pound golden handshake, then decide to keep him on in an advisory capacity for 3 years, suppose he will be paid millions for that as well Absolute madness and greed.
Fishy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:56 pm 
Post subject:

Sickening really.
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:56 pm 
Post subject:

Not sure I really want Derby to be part of the PL circus. When fans of 49 years such as myself start thinking like that, then either there's something very wrong with the sport or I need to rethink my priorities.

Best game I've seen on the telly this season was on Monday. Oldham and
Hampton & Richmond giving it their all, no holds barred.

Fans watching the game and not asking one another "which team is playing in the red shirts?"

Didn't Nero fiddle as Rome burned?
roughyedz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:05 am 
Post subject:

Pi****g in the same pot comes to mind. The rich get richer and we all look up to them ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SCUM of the earth, no better than all those that sat on their fat arese collecting benefits and have never had any intention of getting a job. The are just two sets of people in this country now SCUM at Top and Bottom , and MUGS ( the rest of us ) those stuck in the middle.
Five and In

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:44 am 
Post subject: Nice Work If You Can Get It

We have said it many times before on this Forum.....Football as we knew it is dead.
As if any of us needed any further proof of that, the last week has once again shown the chasm between the fans and the "new world."

The Scudamore pay off is worse than a joke. As somebody said earlier, it's disgusting. There is no doubting that he has done a fine job for the Premier League, but he was paid handsomely for doing so.
The clubs have chosen to ignore the fans and give him this £5m send off regardless of their displeasure at the payment.

Some supporters of the pay off have tried to liken it to a "Golden Handshake" that people get in all walks of life. That's fine if the payment was coming from his employers (The Premier League), but it's not. It's coming from the clubs, who are basically the customers.
If the head of Nat West Bank leaves his post, would all the customers chip in for his parting gift? I think not.

The saddest comment I heard this week about it was from an Everton fan who is sleeping under the Goodison Park stands for charity this weekend. He is trying to raise a couple of hundred quid for the local homeless while his club are one of the twenty clubs about to bung a quarter of a million quid each at an already fat cat.
Apparently, he is one that does the sleep at Goodison annually, but has now said that if his club contribute to the Scudamore send off, he won't be doing it next year. How sad is that, not least for the charity that will ultimately lose out. I'm not picking on Everton here, I'm just using them for the comment that I heard, but there will be similar tales at all of the clubs involved.

Scudamore is reported to be embarrassed by the pay off that is coming his way, but I wouldn't expect that he will be turning the Securicor van away from his door when it arrives.

Somebody on Talk Sport this week suggested that the clubs invested the money into new all surface pitches in their areas and naming them after Scudamore as an everlasting mark of respect.
For me, that would have felt so much more appropriate and everybody would have been happy.

Rant over.....sorry! Mad
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: