Football Programmes Centre

Does type of ticket affect its value?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Does type of ticket affect its value?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldbolt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:58 am 
Post subject: Does type of ticket affect its value?

Tickets from the same match in the same condition.
Are adult tickets worth more than say childrens tickets or complimentary tickets.
Also does the area of the ground the ticket is in affect its value?
eg is a ticket in the Man Utd end at an away game worth more than a ticket in the home section of the ground.

I would generally pay less for a childrens ticket for a game than an adult ticket.Is it just me?
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:20 am 
Post subject:

I think its just down to peoples preference really. This season ive tried to collect tickets from Cardiffs first season at our new stadium. Id prefer an adult ticket but have no problem with a childs tickets.

Buying older tickets though i suspect due to their being more demand for adults than childrens tickets then they would probably fetch a bit more Confused

Just my opinion though and i have nothing to back it up as i dont really buy tickets.... though i have recently started buying any directors box tickets i see for games involving Cardiff Very Happy
paulo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:29 pm 
Post subject:

I have alsorts in my collection. Mostly adults (as that is what I am) and while I would prefer Norwich end or an adult, I dont pass on a ticket if it is not, as many stubs have only come up once in my time of collecting.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:20 pm 
Post subject: Re: Does type of ticket affect its value?

oldbolt wrote:
Are adult tickets worth more than say childrens tickets or complimentary tickets.
eg is a ticket in the Man Utd end at an away game worth more than a ticket in the home section of the ground.

I would generally pay less for a childrens ticket for a game than an adult ticket.Is it just me?

RESPONSE:
I would say that generally the answer to the above is no difference re area or ticket type.

However there are always examples and some collectors for which it matters. Most people tend to prefer adult tickets. Having said this, it is slightly strange because its not one's own ticket for the match so what difference does it make as to which seat it is ! But some do prefer adult tickets.

The home/away ticket query is more interesting but would generally only be a factor for older tickets. Tickets in away sections would be fewer especially from matches where cash on day still applied so the supporter of the away team may value an away ticket as more interesting. Similarly there are some (albeit few) supporters who like to collect multiple tickets from the same match eg one ticket from each stand.

In general the age of the ticket or significance of match will tend to drive interest rather than category or seat area.
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:54 pm 
Post subject:

As a collector of Hull tickets, it does not matter to me whether the ticket is an adult or a childs ticket, although selling a vast array of other sides' tickets, it does seem some collector's are bothered about this.
MisterGas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:09 pm 
Post subject: Re: Does type of ticket affect its value?

oldbolt wrote:

Complimentary tickets sell for less than Cat tickets for World cup finals.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: