Football Programmes Centre

Wolves Fair, 18th Nov.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wolves Fair, 18th Nov.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Footiebadgebloke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:19 pm 
Post subject: Wolves Fair, 18th Nov.

GreatBarrWolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:07 pm 
Post subject:

Evening Footiebadgebloke.

I found out Saturday that Kelvin who organises this fair has just undergone a quadruple heart bypass operation - is the fair still scheduled to go ahead?

Greatbarrwolf
Footiebadgebloke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:19 pm 
Post subject:

Yes mate, the fair will definitely go ahead, I visited Kelvin in hospital this afternoon and he as since gone home. Even if Kel cannot make it, arrangements are in place to ensure the fair runs smoothly. So it's 100% that the Wolves Fair will be on the 18th November.
beaudog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:12 am 
Post subject: Wolves fair 18th November

My very best wishes to Kelvin and a speedy and full recovery. That is far more important than standing at a programme fair and what a pity that two fairs, within striking distance of Stoke on Trent are arranged on the same day. I will be standing at the Bury fair but would have loved the opportunity to be t the Wolverhampton venue.
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:32 pm 
Post subject:

May I add my best wishes to Kelvin for a speedy, full recovery.
Regret I will not be at the Wolves Fair, as I had already promised to atand at the Bury Fair.
topcat65

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:20 pm 
Post subject: Wolves Fair (Kelvin)

We would like to send out very best wishes to Kelvin who organises the Wolves Fair. Hope you have a speedy recovery
Roger & Tony Coombs (Cardiff)
bluejames

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:45 am 
Post subject:

i went to this fair once,a few year ago.I must admit i don't know the individuals involved but i would like to add my best wishes as well to Kelvin for a seedy recovery.The hobby needs all the good folk it can get.
I do remember there was one dealer with a little dog who had some top quality items for sale and another dealer called Barry who similarly who had some old and rare items as well.Do they still stand at this fair?
I have been to a couple of fairs in the London area over the last year or so and have been disappointed with the level of stock and the prices asked.
Maybe i should try the Birmingham area again although being near Xmas now means cash available is limited
Footiebadgebloke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:35 am 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:
i went to this fair once,a few year ago.I must admit i don't know the individuals involved but i would like to add my best wishes as well to Kelvin for a seedy recovery.The hobby needs all the good folk it can get.
I do remember there was one dealer with a little dog who had some top quality items for sale and another dealer called Barry who similarly who had some old and rare items as well.Do they still stand at this fair?
I have been to a couple of fairs in the London area over the last year or so and have been disappointed with the level of stock and the prices asked.
Maybe i should try the Birmingham area again although being near Xmas now means cash available is limited

The dealer with the little Westie dog (Jules) is Tom Roe.... As soon as my sandwiches were open, Jules would be there under the table drooling.. miss the little fella being there. Barry Swash is the other guy you mention.
bluejames

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:21 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the info.Both had masses of quality stock items for sale.Do they still attend?Are they on the forum?
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:54 pm 
Post subject:

Barry Swash has been removed on at least two occasions from this forum.
Footiebadgebloke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:05 pm 
Post subject:

bluejames wrote:
Thanks for the info.Both had masses of quality stock items for sale.Do they still attend?Are they on the forum?

Barry will be there, it's a pity he's no longer on this forum.. it was a far more colourful and enlightened forum when he was.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:41 pm 
Post subject:

Footiebadgebloke wrote:

Barry will be there, it's a pity he's no longer on this forum.. it was a far more colourful and enlightened forum when he was.

More colourful.....yes

More enlightened......errrrr.....No
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Footiebadgebloke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:02 pm 
Post subject:

Barry is no svengali, but surely his knowledge of football programme collecting is pretty vast, and seeing its a football programme forum, then yes, when compared to most forum regulars. Outside of football collecting areas, then yes I'd agree Sharrowblade Laughing
Footiebadgebloke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:54 pm 
Post subject:

Line Up -

K.Weatherer
B.Swash
C.Boulter
Terrys Badges
RP Programmes
M. Bytheway
T. Coombes
Mancunia Football
M.Lane
J.McCrossan

(there are two more but I forgot whom Kel, told me now) Homer
cfcmartin1965

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:08 pm 
Post subject:

Evening all,

I will be stalling out at the Wolves fair for the 1st time this coming Sunday.

Any forum members attending the fair please visit my recently updated website www.football-program.co.uk & let me know if there is anything specific you want bringing along.

I will also have a collection of Wolves homes & away programmes from 1995-2006 along with a small collection of Wolves related books & memorabilia including a signed Wolves polo shirt signed by Marcus Hahnemann.

Cheers
Martin
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: