Football Programmes Centre

MANSFIELD FAIR: Sunday November 26 (10.30am-2pm)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
MANSFIELD FAIR: Sunday November 26 (10.30am-2pm)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:20 pm 
Post subject: MANSFIELD FAIR: Sunday November 26 (10.30am-2pm)

The next Fair I shall be standing at is the new MANSFIELD PROGRAMME & MEMORABILIA FAIR in the 1861 Suite at Mansfield Town FC, on Sunday week, November 26 from 10.30am to 2pm.

This is the first fair that organiser Ian Allsop (assisted by Alistair Loffley) has organised. He deserves the support of both collectors and traders. I'm sure the simple message is: Use it, or lose it!

As a relatively new dealer of only just over five years standing, I try to cover all aspects of second-hand programme collecting: Big Matches (Internationals, Finals and Semis); A decent range from virtually all League clubs in England and Scotland plus a few from Ireland (although with a slight bias for West Country clubs as I am based in Plymouth); I shall also have a wide range of over 400 English and Scottish Non-League Clubs programmes with me, including v League Clubs in the FA Cup and in Friendlies, (again with a slight bias for West Country Clubs); plus a range of Reserve and Youth team programmes and Teamsheets.

Because I travel widely throughout the country attending Fairs, often buying more programmes than I sell, I am constantly replenishing my stock, so collectors often find something on my stand that they are looking for!

Any collectors wish me to bring any specific items to this Fair, please contact me by email on or (preferably) before Friday November 26: [email protected].

Be there is you can!

Last edited by Westwardprogs on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
infoman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:39 pm 
Post subject:

Gordon can you edit the date?

Its showing 28th November

regards
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:23 pm 
Post subject:

Edited date + spelling!
Old age does not come alone!
programme_seller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:47 am 
Post subject:

Who are the other stall holders at this fair?

Thank you.
NWM Football

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:27 am 
Post subject:

I'm popping up for this one. Should have the following with me....

BIG MATCH PROGRAMMES from the 1940's through to 2017. Have all but a couple of F.A. Cup Finals from 1947 onwards at present, some pre-Wembley League Cup Finals/Charity Shield. Semi-Finals, Internationals, F.A. Amateur Cup, Trophy & Vase Finals/semi's, Scottish Big Match etc.

PRE-1960 FOOTBALL LEAGUE / PRE-1970 NON LEAGUE ISSUES.

CLASSIC MAGAZINES - inc. Charles Buchan, Goal, early issues of Shoot / Match Weekly

BOOKS - most likely to be a selection of autobiographies, a few Club Histories etc.

LATE 1970's TOPPS CARDS - mostly 1977 Red Back & 1978 Orange Back.

SHIRTS & SPORTSWEAR - great range of excellent condition English, Scottish, Continental club shirts, and a few England/International tops. Also have what's left of the player-issue Everton shirts I picked up earlier in the summer.

PRESS PHOTOS - have a small selection of Tottenham related ones, mostly from 1978-79 & 1979-80, all have press stamps/details on the back.

LAMINATED POSTERS - have been busy recycling scrap and excess stock magazines. A4 posters are £1 each, with A3 posters £3. Great little idea if you need an inexpensive and different Christmas prezzie for a friend or family member.

Will also sort out stock general programmes from Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire clubs too. If there are other items you need from the general listings on http://www.nwmfootball.com/ please contact me no later than Thursday of next week.
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:55 pm 
Post subject:

I understand that John Dee and Alistair Loffley will have stands.
They, like Lee Hermitage of NWM, do not often stand at fairs in the midlands, so collectors may well find stacks of fresh items available from them, in particular.
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 am 
Post subject:

Congratulations to Ian Allsop and Alistair Loffley on staging a successful fair at Mansfield yesterday!
There were a total of 7 traders and about 60-70 collectors present.
Hopefully, it can become a regular annual event.
programme_seller

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:43 pm 
Post subject:

Is this fair being held this year?
Westwardprogs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:42 pm 
Post subject:

I don't think there is a fair planned at Mansfield this year.
That was confirmed to me at the Derby Fair today by Alistair Loftley and Ian Allsop, who were both at the Derby Fair today.
programme_seller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:30 am 
Post subject:

That's a shame, but thanks for replying.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: