Football Programmes Centre

Current England team.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Current England team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thedoog10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:53 am 
Post subject: Current England team.

Is it only me but dose anybody else not give a toss about the present England team and set up.
Goonerak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:09 pm 
Post subject:

Not just you. I look at the squad and wonder who half of them are.
kenners46

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:11 pm 
Post subject:

I just saw that they are playing tonight, no idea when or who they have next week
Five and In

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:57 pm 
Post subject: Current England team.

I won't be watching either game.
I hate these International breaks which break up club football.
It was so much better years ago when the squads met up on Sundays and returned to their clubs on the Thursday so the weekend football was unaffected.

My biggest concern now is that none of our players get injured while they are away.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:15 pm 
Post subject:

Usually there is at least one England home game at Wembley I can look forward to going to

This time its 2 aways and both on Sky (I watched via a dodgy stream)

Rubbish

Even my local non league team (Dorking Wdrs) are miles away at Folkestone!

Oh well the house is a bit tidier!
Dorking

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:53 pm 
Post subject:

Although my England away travelling days are pretty much over now,I see that there was a programme issued for the behind closed doors game in Croatia

It gets a mention on the BBC sports article

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45841128

Football memorabilia is big business online - and this programme will certainly be a collectors' item.

The Croatian FA pressed ahead with publishing a guide to the match, well aware there would be no fans around the ground to actually buy it.

The always brilliant service (and it really is a service to England collectors) at www.footballprogrammes.com has some for sale -

"This match was behind closed doors as part of a UEFA punishment imposed on Croatia. A very limited number of programmes were published for 150 Croatian and English FA guests plus members of the press only."

Even if it never increases in value, I just had to have one!!!
Texas Rangers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:12 pm 
Post subject: Re: Current England team.

Five and In wrote:
I won't be watching either game.
I hate these International breaks which break up club football.
It was so much better years ago when the squads met up on Sundays and returned to their clubs on the Thursday so the weekend football was unaffected.

My biggest concern now is that none of our players get injured while they are away.

Same here. Looking forward to the 21st for some league action.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:09 am 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
Although my England away travelling days are pretty much over now,I see that there was a programme issued for the behind closed doors game in Croatia

Football memorabilia is big business online - and this programme will certainly be a collectors' item.

The Croatian FA pressed ahead with publishing a guide to the match, well aware there would be no fans around the ground to actually buy it.

The always brilliant service (and it really is a service to England collectors) at www.footballprogrammes.com has some for sale -

"This match was behind closed doors as part of a UEFA punishment imposed on Croatia. A very limited number of programmes were published for 150 Croatian and English FA guests plus members of the press only."

Dave Allen was on the hill behind the goal along with a few other familiar faces. I collect England tickets so will be on the look out for any press or VIP tickets/passes..
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:44 am 
Post subject:

My mate jibbed in. That's some achievement.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:52 am 
Post subject:

Ronsaunders wrote:
My mate jibbed in. That's some achievement.

Good effort. I got in to the Turkey game in 2003 when we were banned, even though a Turkish policeman tried to turn me away some locals said I was with them and they would look after me!
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:33 am 
Post subject:

colchestersid wrote:
Dorking wrote:

Dave Allen was on the hill behind the goal along with a few other familiar faces. I collect England tickets so will be on the look out for any press or VIP tickets/passes..

nice one
Eddie Reeve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:37 am 
Post subject: Croatia

Quote:
It was mentioned on the BBC that there were boxes of unsold programmes lying around
Thedoog10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:43 pm 
Post subject:

Think we have gone a little of track here guys.
whosbrianwilson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:23 pm 
Post subject:

Thedoog10 wrote:
Think we have gone a little of track here guys.

Not for me we haven't. I find it fascinating to hear about the rarer programmes and stories behind them. It is a football programme forum after all.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: